Los Angeles, CA
Reports To: Front of House Manager
This position is the main public contact during performances and special events. The House Manager provides customer service, supervises usher staff and volunteers, and oversees public safety during performances and events. This is a part-time position with evening and weekend hours.
- Manage the front of house operations and security during performances
- Prepare the theatres and lobby spaces prior to each production
- Ensure cleanliness and timely maintenance of all front of house areas
- Maintain the supply of playbills, stuffers, and additional marketing materials for patrons and visitors
- Ensure that Geffen patrons have a superior experience at the theatre
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Expected to lead by example; giving feedback to staff and peers
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience in the performing arts, preferably theater
- Previous experience as a Housemanager preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Must be able to work and think independently or as part of a team
- Must love working with all kinds of people
- Be able to supervise, delegate, and take initiative
- Must thrive in a fast paced environment
- Must be skilled at problem solving
- Must be able to take direction and feedback
Geffen Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Send cover letter and resume via email to MelY@geffenplayhouse.org. No phone calls. Please indicate in your email or cover letter how you heard about this open position by listing the specific website or posting location.