Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts
Beverly Hills, CA
Under the direction of the Ticket Services Manager this position assists in the day-to-day box office activities associated with selling tickets, ensuring data accuracy and superior customer service.
- 1-3 years of experience working in a box office or a customer service type of environment preferred.
- Superior interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, guests and clients, excellent customer service skills and the ability to interact positively with diverse staff and clientele in a fast-paced environment is required.
- Must be able to work calmly under tight deadlines and respond gracefully to high pressure situations; and when possible, show initiative and plan ahead.
- Must be able to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal are required.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office with particular proficiency in Excel are required.
- Post-secondary education (diploma or certificate) and/or major course work or related experiences in theater arts or related field are preferred.
- Ensure high quality experience for all patrons. Assist patrons in a polite, friendly and helpful manner, representing the Wallis Annenberg Center to the public, business contacts and visiting companies with cordial professionalism;
- Interacts with all patrons for subscription, single ticket, group, and online sales, in addition to ticket fulfillment.
- Maintain familiarity with ADA requirements.
- Interfaces with the Ticket Services Manager to promote consistency in data and reporting.
- Assist with complementary ticket fulfillment.
- Engage group sales, working to achieve sales and house fill goals.
- Answers, screens, and directs calls on a multi-line phone system. Assists callers, takes messages and/or forwards calls to appropriate staff or voice mail.
- Performs general clerical duties including but not limited to filing, photocopying, faxing, emailing and mailing as required.
- Other administrative duties include contacting patrons to resolve queries, updating patron records, and inputting various forms of data collection and entry.
- Maintain hygiene of database including: Do Not Mail, Do Not Call, Do Not Trade lists.
- Make patrons and customers aware of relevant special offers, other Wallis shows, and services that The Wallis offers
- Work as a team with marketing and event staff on scheduled performances, programs and special events.
- Assist in the implementation of patron surveys and other marketing campaigns.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the incumbent must be able to do the following: stand for extended periods; sit for extended periods; bend and reach for filing and other job-related functions; climb up and down stairs; bend, stoop, and lift to move and retrieve materials; pull, push, and lift up to 25 pounds; reach both above and below shoulder height. Specific visual abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to visually inspect work. Manual dexterity to operate computer and other office equipment required.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected].