Wallis Annenberg Center for Performing Arts
Beverly Hills, CA
An Usher is a part-time seasonal position, reporting to the House Manager and Assistant House Manager that is responsible for creating a positive experience for all Patrons & Guests and ensuring their safety while they visit The Wallis. An Usher is expected to pro-actively engage Patrons by answering questions and offering assistance when needed.
- Must have 1-3 years of customer service experience. Experience working in a theatre or arts related field preferred.
- Must have strong customer service skills, poise, and tact in dealing with Patrons, staff, and guests and be able to handle large groups of patrons
- Must have the ability to take initiative to identify and problem solve while using good judgment and be able to move quickly and maintain composure in an emergency.
- Attend regular meetings and job trainings as assigned.
- Must commit to be available to work at least two (2) performances per week during the season.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Ensure a safe and enjoyable Patron experience by providing the highest standard of customer service. Respond quickly and courteously to all Patrons’ needs, questions, comments, or concerns.
- Assist in program preparation including stuffing inserts, distributing programs to aisles, and putting away unused materials at the end of events.
- Assist with lobby set-up and break down.
- Greet all Patrons in a warm and welcoming manner.
- Work both indoor and outdoor events and/or performances in differing weather conditions.
- Get to know subscribers and donors and greet them appropriately.
- Provide assistance with any mobility devices.
- Monitor physical surroundings in assigned area prior to and throughout event for safety, cleanliness and functionality; notify House Manager of any concerns.
- Read/scan tickets and direct Patrons to the appropriate location.
- Seat Patrons in the correct manner as described in training.
- Answer event and facility questions including organizational and historical.
- Observe and enforce all Wallis policies, including but not limited to late seating, photography, and food and beverages in the house.
- Monitor door and Patron’s entry and exit during the performance and assist as needed.
- Be aware of those Patrons who may be causing a disruption, taking pictures, talking or texting, etc.
- Clear assigned section and pick up discarded programs and inserts, etc. following a performance. Turn in any lost and found items.
- Pre-show and intermission restroom checks for tidiness and cleanliness and ensure necessary supplies are stocked or replenished.
- Lead Patrons to safety in the event of an emergency evacuation.
- Adhere to the Usher dress code at all times. (Some uniform pieces will be supplied with a refundable deposit.)
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.