Available Immediately: Pasadena Playhouse is seeking a qualified Patron Services Associate.
Celebrating its Centennial this year, the Pasadena Playhouse is one of the most prolific theater companies in America. Our legacy includes world premieres by beloved American playwrights Eugene O’Neil and Tennessee Williams and productions that have transferred to Broadway like Sister Act: The Musical. In 1937, the Playhouse was officially recognized as the State Theater of California for its contribution and commitment to the dramatic arts. Today we continue that tradition of excellence under the helm of Producing Artistic Director, Danny Feldman. Dedicated to enriching lives through theater, community programs and learning, the Pasadena Playhouse is a living force in the community.
Marketing & Communications
Under the direction of the Patron Services Manager this position assists with day-to-day box office activities: selling tickets, ensuring data accuracy and customer service.
Hours: Please be available to work four days a week, noon to 6pm during non-performance weeks and additional evenings along with an additional weekend day (12-8pm) during performance weeks. Hours may vary depending upon the show schedule, rentals, and box office needs.
• Successful candidate will have at least one year of experience in a box office or customer service environment and strong phone and computer skills.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills and the ability to interact positively with diverse staff and customers in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task and respond gracefully to high-pressure situations. When possible, show initiative and plan ahead.
• Must be able to work well in a collaborative environment.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal are required.
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
• Experience with credit card transactions and cash handling.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
• Experience with a ticketing database; Tessitura preferred but not required.
• Post-secondary education (diploma or certificate) and/or major course work or related experiences in theater arts or related field are preferred. Strong interest in theater and the performing arts required.
• Selling and exchanging tickets for our live theater performances, ensuring a high quality experience for all patrons. Assist patrons in a polite, friendly and helpful manner, representing the Pasadena Playhouse to the public, business contacts and visiting companies with cordial professionalism.
• Answering questions about current and upcoming productions
• Maintain familiarity with ADA requirements.
• Answers, screens, and directs calls on a multi-line phone system. Assists callers, takes messages and/or forwards calls to appropriate staff or voice mail.
• Works with the Patron Services Manager to promote consistency in data and reporting.
• Maintain hygiene of database including: Do Not Mail, Do Not Call, Do Not Trade lists.
• Performs general clerical duties including but not limited to filing, photocopying, faxing, emailing and mailing as required.
• Other administrative duties include contacting patrons to resolve queries, updating patron records, and inputting various forms of data collection and entry.
• Assisting with ticketing issues.
• Generating daily transaction reports
• Assist in the implementation of patron surveys and other marketing campaigns.
• Work as a team with marketing and event staff on scheduled performances, programs and special events.
• Other duties as needed
While performing the essential functions of this job, the incumbent must be able to do the following: stand for extended periods; sit for extended periods; bend and reach for filing and other job-related functions; climb up and down stairs; bend, stoop, and lift to move and retrieve materials; pull, push, and lift up to 25 pounds; reach both above and below shoulder height. Specific visual abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to visually inspect work. Manual dexterity to operate computer and other office equipment required. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
Hourly Wage: $13.00/ hour
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
We work to maintain positive environment for our employees, where people can learn, grow and thrive with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative, transparent environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.