A Noise Within
ABOUT A NOISE WITHIN
A Noise Within has been called “an oasis for those who love classic stories” by Los Angeles Times and is a leading regional producer based in Pasadena, Calif. ANW’s award-winning resident company is committed to representing the entire community at their state-of-the-art, 324-seat performance space. In addition to producing world-class performances of classic theatre, the organization runs robust education programs with the goal of inspiring diverse audiences of all ages, and a community-centered program – Noise Now – that expands our family by engaging with our neighboring communities and peer organizations.
ANW believes in working hard on our anti-racist practice across the whole organization. By interpreting our mission to fully engage audiences through community and artist-centered work in multiple creative disciplines, ANW is striving to be a theatre that better serves our entire community.
GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION
A Noise Within (ANW) seeks an experienced Patron Services Manager to oversee box office operations for the company. The Patron Services Manager, reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications, is responsible for overseeing all box office personnel, ensuring a high quality customer experience for our patrons, and collaborating with the Marketing Team and Executive Leadership on ticket sales strategy for all public events. The successful candidate will be comfortable in a highly collaborative and data-driven environment. They will motivate and coach front-line staff as we connect our audiences with 6 mainstage productions and numerous one-off events generating over $1 million in ticket sales annually, with a subscription base of over 2,000 loyal patrons. As with all staff, the Patron Services Manager will also have a role in implementing and contributing to ANW’s Strategic Plan and Anti-Racism Action Plan.
Right now: ANW is opening our final live production of a successful 21-22 season. The Patron Services Manager will be involved with a team of staff members in continuing to implement policies and procedures for the health and safety of our artists, crews, and audiences.
QUALITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to manage a wide variety of internal and external relationships
• A good team player with the ability to keep patrons satisfied and make staff feel supported under a wide variety of circumstances
• Facility with databases such as AudienceView (our system) or equivalent
• 5 years’ experience in relevant field (box office, hospitality, etc.) with a track record of successfully managing staff and/or supervising customer relations
• At least 2-3 years’ experience with data analysis and interpretation skills including the ability to communicate that data effectively to others
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
• Demonstrates a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives and values, and to an anti-racist work culture
• Enthusiasm to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment
• Must be available to work evenings and weekends
• Manage all box office activity, processes, and procedures including subscription, single ticket, and group sales, telemarketing campaigns, and patron correspondence
• Set and cultivate a positive work culture for front-line staff including coaching and mentorship for box office staff, excellence in customer service, sales-oriented mindset, and personal wellbeing
• Master all aspects of the company’s ticketing database (AudienceView) including the ticketing program, data management, reports, and queries to better understand our patrons • Assist and support Marketing with building the season production calendar, proofing marketing materials, setting sales goals, administering sales initiatives, and ensuring marketing materials accurately reflect inventory on sale
• Design and manage input of each season’s prices, packages, discounts into the ticketing system and maintain a clean and updated database
• Collaborate with the House Manager to craft an excellent, consistent, and equitable audience experience
• Monitor house inventory and manage inventory with third-party ticket vendors and offers as needed • Manage box office accounting including daily reconciliation of all box office and Education Program cash/check revenue and weekly reconciliation and preparation of cash and check deposits
• Oversee the hiring and training of all box office staff and support the General Manager in the training of House Manager and Head Ushers
The position is full time, exempt with a salary of $58,500-$60,000 annually depending on experience.
• Company-paid HMO (employees may “buy up” to additional offered coverage) • 11 paid holidays and one floating day • Paid vacation and sick time • Company-matched benefit savings plan