Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC)
Costa Mesa, CA
POSITION TITLE: Payroll Manager
REPORTS TO: SVP, Finance and Administration STATUS: Regular, Full‐Time, Exempt LOCATION: Costa Mesa, CA
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with Experience
BENEFITS: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan and Professional Development opportunities
WORK WITH PURPOSE!
Public Media Group of Southern California (PMGSC) is looking for a detail‐oriented payroll manager to oversee payroll operations and process payroll for over 120 employees. If you enjoy working with skilled professionals in a fast‐paced environment, then send your cover letter and resume to [email protected] today!
ABOUT PUBLIC MEDIA GROUP OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA (PMGSC)
Public Media Group of Southern California (KCET, PBS SoCal and LINK TV) tell stories that matter through original programs that reflect the diversity of the region, and the full schedule of trusted PBS programs. Our content channels –KCET and PBS SoCal– are available for free on internet‐connected screens and seven local broadcast channels. LINK TV can be accessed through national satellite channels.
A donor‐supported community institution, PMGSC sparks the sharing of ideas at in‐person cultural events and community conversations and delivers social impact through services that prepare our most vulnerable children for school.
Reporting to the SVP, Finance and Administration, the payroll specialist will oversee payroll operations and ensure accuracy and timeliness of the payroll process.
- Consistently and accurately process payroll for 120+ employees
- Ensure compliance with all legal and institutional requirements at all times
- Monitor all accounts continually for accuracy
- Demonstrate and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ensure taxation and garnishments are properly administered
Month‐end closing/annual audit
- Prepare bi‐weekly journal entries and annual audit schedules
Quarter and year end balancing/reporting and compliance
- Oversee the proper payment of multiple Union P & W
- Producing year‐end reporting for W‐2, and ACA
- Bachelor’s degree; Accounting or Finance preferred
- 5+ years of payroll experience working with SAG/AFTRA, DGA and WGA is a plus
- Solid working knowledge of tax code, minimum wage and CA Labor Law
- Aptitude for numbers and exceptional commitment to accuracy
Equal Opportunity Employer
PMGSC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to
all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected] by May 9, 2019.