Center Theatre Group
Los Angeles, CA
POSITION TITLE: Production and Operations Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Senior Facilities Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: Drivers
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-Time, varies to include evenings and weekends
Center Theatre Group is one of the largest, most influential theatre companies in the country by virtually every measure. Over the past 50 years, we have entertained millions of audience members and produced some of the most important shows of our time, many of which have been World premieres and have gone on to award-winning Broadway runs and beyond. Center Theatre Group strives to make Los Angeles a theatre destination for audiences and artists from around the world—and to make a major impact on the city.
Center Theatre Group commits to creating a safe space where the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion permeate all levels and all aspects of our work. We aim to attract, nurture and retain staff in a supportive home where we can be our best selves. We celebrate our commonalities and embrace our differences in order to ensure that everyone has access to our work onstage, behind the scenes, and in the community
Responsible for managing, hiring, training, scheduling and dispatching of Drivers in order to support the Production Department. Also supports events and programming at all of Center Theatre Group’s (CTG) locations.
- Daily supervision of Driver staff. Drivers are responsible for driving, acquiring and delivering items for Center Theatre Group (CTG).
- Hire, train and maintain pool of part-time drivers.
- Manage all aspects of driver scheduling.
- Dispatch drivers as required by the specific needs of the Production department. The Production department executes all aspects of the physical production and ensures CTG’s high standards are met while efficiently utilizing resources at the Mark Taper Forum (MTF), Ahmanson Theatre (AHM), Kirk Douglas Theatre (KDT), workshops and special events
- Coordinate labor as required by the evolving needs of various departments.
- Interface with vendors at CTG’s facilities.
- Conduct periodic walkthroughs and inspections of facilities.
- Work with Production to facilitate show specific transportation needs.
- Act as primary point of contact for freight and deliveries.
- Manage vehicle maintenance including vehicle purchasing and maintenance budgets.
- Provide detailed records of all vehicle and facility maintenance, trucking runs and Driver schedules.
- Place orders and pull stock for Production Department.
- Execute, manage, code, and reconcile petty cash, credit card and PO purchases.
- Schedule interoffice mail/package deliveries on a daily bases companywide.
- Safely load, unload and secure items from CTG’s various facilities and vendor locations.
- Safe operation of company vehicle and lifts. CTG will provide training and certification when required.
- Manage hazardous waste collection and disposal for all CTG facilities.
- Promote safe practices at all CTG sites. Ensure compliance with in-house safety procedures and compliance with regulations and applicable laws such as but not limited to hazardous waste and SDS. This includes disseminating and posting OSHA requirements, facilitating training, purchase and maintain common safety equipment, recommend new safety practices or policies to the Sr. Facilities Manager and participation in a CTG Safety Committee.
- Strong commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Other duties as assigned.
CTG provides a dynamic working environment in which duties and responsibilities may change. Employees are expected to be flexible and responsive to changes in the scope of their duties. All employees are expected to be familiar with and adhere to Center Theatre Group’s Personnel Policies and Procedures.
Knowledge and essential skills
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge and comfort with Microsoft Office, especially Outlook and Excel. Comfort with communicating via e-mail and phone.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team and with a variety of personalities.
- Clear and persuasive communicator, both written and verbal.
- Ability to coordinate multiple parts of a project, set priorities and follow through in a timely manner.
- Ability to remain calm , balanced and productive, demonstrating strong managerial skills, while exhibiting tact, discretion, diplomacy and a sense of humor.
- Previous experience working in theatrical / live entertainment environment.
- Familiarity with theatrical hardware and supplies.
- Spanish fluency a plus.
- Strong commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Willingness and ability to work 40 hours or more per week on a flexible schedule.
- Ability to sit in a workstation, type and work with a computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift, carry or otherwise move and position objects weight up to 40 lbs or more occasionally and 25lbs frequently.
- Must be able to work on a ladder and in hard-to-reach places.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, kneel, reach and climb in various positions to perform tasks.
- Company required valid California driver’s license with good driving record.
- Must be able to operate various lifts and forklifts. Company requires certificates and will provide training.
- First Aid Certification. Company will provide if needed.
All employees are required to pass a background check.
The position will receive a competitive compensation.
CTG also offers a comprehensive benefits package including retirement plan options; escalating vacation, paid sick, personal days and holidays; and health benefits including medical, dental, vision, flex spending accounts, employee assistance program, and life and long-term disability insurance.
Sell yourself by writing a cover letter that describes why you’re the best person for this job. Please include your salary requirements. Please indicate how you became aware of this position, e.g., name of website, current employee, via another source.
Send resume and cover letter along with salary desired to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the position title in the subject line of the email. Due to heavy volume of resumes received, emails that do not include the job title in the subject line of the email may not be considered.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. We will contact qualified individuals to set up interviews.
Center Theatre Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, color, ancestry, disability, age, national origin, pregnancy, veteran/military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by law. CTG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We support, promote and embrace a diverse workforce.