The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association
Los Angeles, CA
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
Provide administrative support to produce and manage all concert presentations at the Hollywood Bowl and WDCH.
- Prepare Concerts- input and create consolidated production paperwork into shared folder structures and software
- Support Production team members during Concert prep and production as needed
- Manage administrative work for Production Independent Contractor/PT Employees; parking, contracts, backstage, tickets, payments
- Manage special events booked by the Marketing and Development Departments
- Assist with tours as assigned
- Cover and support Co-Production Associate at WDCH
- Other duties as assigned
Position Elements, specific to the Hollywood Bowl:
- Assist the Production team in disseminating any information, production needs, or instructions to the crew as needed before and during performances.
- Act as primary production administrator, create & distribute; season concert timings, concert duty assignments chart, IMAG grid, personnel grid, daily show schedules and daily information for stage crew, full-time staff and rehearsal staff
- Create and distribute weekly crew schedule
- Coordinate and distribute crew parking memos and passes as well as visiting vendors and guests
- Order and coordinate all crew meals
- Distribute backstage credentials to crew, visiting vendors, plus other departments as requested
- Create and distribute timing sheets for concerts. During concerts, keep timings, finalize and distribute to necessary departments after the performance
- Manage Rehearsal Staff; including interviews, hiring, training, payroll, schedules & instructions
- Work with Artistic/Development/Education identifying dates for invited audiences at rehearsals
- Schedule Production and Orchestra Management meetings
- Attend production meetings, take production notes & distribute
- Assist Media Staff with coordinating visiting Photographers and provide instruction on appropriate photo locations.
- Complete and archive Photo and Video Documentation Waiver paperwork, and credentialing
- Create and distribute Open/Closed Bowl Rehearsal Schedule - work with relevant stakeholders to identify this schedule.
- Act as seat kill liaison with the box office.
- Archive final production information into Clark DAMS
- IT Content Manager for Production Team
- Assist Associate Director, Production with all other duties as required
- Obtain laminated Bowl parking placards, badges & keys for Orchestra Mgmt. & Library
- Compile and communicate back deck needs to Operations
- Liaise with Operations Staff and oversee the fulfillment of show-specific needs per department
- Maintain and notify proper departments for fixes and updates regarding facilities
- Share in the responsibility of overseeing offseason production maintenance projects and vendors
- Maintain and track dressing room signage, furniture and amenities.
- Work with Security Team (CSC) to coordinate any specific artist requests, day-of show needs, and advise on where best to locate their staff
- Notify Housekeeping staff of all cleaning needs from stage and Production departments whether in dressing rooms or shared spaces
- Order and maintain towel inventory throughout season. Work with laundry vendor to send out in a timely manner.
- Provide First Aid as necessary, complete and submit injury reports as needed
- Manage and order Crew and Stage Supplies as needed
- Update and distribute production emergency protocols for the Hollywood Bowl.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong skills in organization, information synthesis, and problem-solving
- Ability to be detail oriented, multi-task, meet deadlines, and deliver results
- Skilled in PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively and to excel under pressure
- Production experience in performing arts
- Ability to read music
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
It is the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.