Gay Men’s Chorus of Los Angeles
West Hollywood/Los Angeles
The Production Coordinator position reports to the Executive Director & Producer and is responsible for coordinating logistical and communications support with venues, creative and production teams, Music Director and musical personnel, the Chorus membership, and outside stakeholders such as schools, community groups, and private clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
REHEARSAL & PERFORMANCE
- Set up and attend auditions and weekly rehearsals and community, corporate, and school events, and as assigned.
- Attend all concerts and assist with backstage needs of the membership at concerts and tech/dress rehersals.
- Manage the set-up, running and clean-up of venue for all rehearsals & performances, including supervising 5th section volunteers, members to set up chairs, etc. during rehearsals and serving as liaison with performance venues.
- Assess needs, manage and set up all audio equipment for rehearsals and school programs and run-outs
- Manage the posting, recruitment and tracking of member attendance for all Chorus events, including collecting/storing forms when required
- Serve as liaison with Chorus members on all backstage requirements & concerns.
- Serve as primary contact at schools and run-out venues regarding technical & backstage matters. Advanced site visits and communication as necessary.
- Support the Executive Producer as liaison/contact with design team and artistic team on production matters. Attend production meetings.
- Support technical aspects of production with GMCLA Technical Director including stage management, props, etc.
- Manage and maintain riser and props storage facility, costume storage, inventory, etc.
- Manage load in and out of sets and costumes with the TD making certain all GMCLA inventory is properly handled and returned in order.
- Schedule will fluctuate by month; the busiest month is December followed by other main season performance months.
- Regular weekly Chorus rehearsals are Monday evenings.
- Rehearsals, performances, and most special events are generally scheduled during evenings and weekends.
- Most school programs, and some events, are weekdays.
- The (3) concert series performance weeks’ schedule is 3 to 5 days: early day to late night.
- Attend in-person and/or videoconference staff meetings.
- Los Angeles travel is required. Mileage is not reimbursed for travel within LA County.
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in theatre or concert production.
Commitment to the GMCLA mission statement.
Demonstrated attention to detail.
Superior written and oral communication skills.
Software used – Excel, Word, cloud-based software for communication and file-sharing.
Must be able to lift more than 50 pounds
Must have mobile communications ability
Must have car
Must be vaccinated
To apply: submit a letter and resume to [email protected] by July 16, 2021
$20-25/hr. Phone calls will disqualify candidates.