The Music Center
The Music Center of Los Angeles County is seeking a creative, experienced, community-focused, equity
and inclusion values-driven and highly digitally fluent marketing professional to join the Grand Park
team, part of the TMC Arts division of the Music Center. In this role, they will help achieve The Music
Center’s mission of deepening the cultural life of every Angeleno and further Grand Park’s vital role as
LA’s Park for Everyone.
Reporting to the park director as part of the Grand Park department and coordinating closely with the
senior vice president of marketing and communications for The Music Center and The Music Center
Marketing and Communications department, this qualified candidate will be responsible for creating and
implementing fresh, innovative and comprehensive institutional marketing strategy as well as seasonal,
event, and general marketing plans, with a focus on digital marketing and communications, brand visibility
development, trade and promotional partnerships, and community partnerships. As part of the park’s commitment to serving Los Angeles with an emphasis on equity and inclusion, significant value is placed on marketing’s role in engaging with and supporting LA’s BIPOC communities through collaboration and communication.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Plans, develops, implements, and analyzes marketing and promotional activities to increase
awareness of Grand Park events as well as drive attendance.
• Leads the execution of marketing and communications activities from start to finish, managing
budgets, leveraging internal support and emphasizing community outreach.
• Aligns with TMC values to builds strong relationships with community partners and strategic
alliances for collective excellence and success across Grand Park and all Los Angeles community
• Establishes positioning, identifies target audiences, and strategically engages diverse audience
segments across LA County through content that leads to measurable outcomes.
• Leads, supervises, and builds effective partnership among Grand Park marketing team including
Grand Park Marketing Coordinator (full-time), Grand Park Marketing Squad (part-time staff for
events and special projects), Graphic Designer/Creative Director, Webmaster,
Photographers/Videographers, Strategic Communications advisors and well as other vendors as
• Leads strategy and crafts general communications related to The Music Center and Grand Park
operations as needed.
• Develops on-site communications for programs and overall park needs.
• Develops branding strategies and oversees graphic design and brand identity for the park.
• Develops, edits, distributes and maintains print and electronic collateral for the park, including,
but not limited to, flyers, email blasts, newsletters and website/microsites materials.
• Oversees the Park’s social media efforts including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, etc.
• Partners with the Grand Park programming team in development of digital content.
• Develops systems for data collection and analysis to evaluate effectiveness of marketing
initiatives and optimize accordingly.
• Collaborates on media relations efforts with The Music Center’s media relations team.
• Collaborates closely with members of the Marketing, Advancement, and Programming teams at
The Music Center in order to ensure alignment of all organizational efforts.
• Supports contributed revenue development strategies.
• Willing to work a flexible schedule including the ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays
Grand Park is seeking an accomplished marketing manager with 7-10 years of marketing and
communications experience ideally in an “in-house” leadership role within a complex nonprofit
organization. The ideal candidate will have a proven aptitude to take information and transform it into
inspiring, engaging, and useful messages disseminating them to the appropriate audiences through the
most effective distribution channels. This person will be mission and values driven, demonstrating
commitment to collaboration, community partnership, and/or centering BIPOC voices.
• Experience in events/experiential marketing required; arts and culture work experience
• Leadership experience creating and implementing marketing and communications campaigns.
• Digital content development experience required.
• Highly collaborative style, impeccable communications skills, both verbal and written.
• Experience with traditional, as well as digital advertising and promotional partnerships,
including negotiation of ad buys.
• Experience managing others including part time staff and consultants.
• Highly organized with strong project management and decision-making skills.
• Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
• Familiar with the breadth and diversity of Los Angeles’ creative and cultural communities.
• Understanding of graphic design principles and processes and ability to create occasional
• Experience using the following or comparable platforms: Asana, Wordfly, Microsoft Office 365,
• Experience with website design and website management a plus
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Experience with email marketing, project management, and graphic design software.
• Spanish/English bilingual candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
This is a full-time non-exempt hourly position. Weekly administrative schedule is 35 hours/per week.
Standard hours are approximately 9-5 M-F with adjustments to accommodate event production needs.
Most events are nights and weekends. As an hourly position, this role is eligible for overtime pay.
Compensation package includes medical, dental and vision health plans, welfare insurance benefits,
401k plan, vacation, and sick time off.
SALARY RANGE: is $50,000-$60,0000.
To be fully considered please submit a cover letter, resume, past examples of cultural event promotional campaigns including artwork and copy examples, references, and salary expectations,
to: [email protected] or fax to: 213-972-8029 by May 21, 2021.
PLEASE NOTE INCOMPLETE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR CONSIDERATION.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER