A Noise Within
ABOUT A NOISE WITHIN
A Noise Within has been called “an oasis for those who love classic stories” by Los Angeles Times and is a leading regional producer based in Pasadena, Calif. ANW’s award-winning resident company is committed to representing the entire community at their state-of-the-art, 324-seat performance space. In addition to producing world-class performances of classic theatre, the organization runs robust education programs with the goal of inspiring diverse audiences of all ages.
ANW believes in working hard on our anti-racist practice across the whole organization. By interpreting our mission to fully engage audiences through community and artist-centered work in multiple creative disciplines, ANW is striving to be a theatre that better serves our entire community.
GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION
A Noise Within seeks an experienced Production Manager to oversee the Production Department for all ANW productions. The Production Manager is responsible for supervising all aspects of production including hiring and supervising all production personnel and some artistic personnel in concert with the Producing Artistic Directors, working with directors and designers to ensure top-quality productions, and creating and maintaining production budgets. ANW operates with an annual budget (in normal times) of $3.6 million and produces a 6-to-7-show main stage season in addition to collaborating with partner organizations for residencies and performances (Noise Now), periodic stage readings, fundraising events, and educational programs. As with all staff, the Production Manager will also have a role in implementing and contributing to ANW’s Strategic Plan and Anti-Racism Action Plan.
Right now: ANW is opening our third live production of the Fall. The PM will be involved with a team of staff members in continuing to implement policies and procedures for the health and safety of our artists, crews, and audiences.
Qualities and qualifications of a successful candidate:
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a production manager or member of a production department
• Broad understanding of all aspects of technical theatre
• Experience creating and managing budgets
• Experience overseeing production calendars and schedules
• Excellent computer skills and proficiency with industry software such as CAD programs and QLab
• Experience reading ground plans, light plots, and other theatrical specifications
• Excellent communication skills straddling art and administration
• The ability to prioritize multiple simultaneous projects successfully and work effectively with artists, production teams, volunteers, and staff
• Develop season schedule for all main stage productions and additional programming in collaboration with Managing Director and Producing Artistic Directors
• Develop and supervise production budgets
• Work with directors and design teams to ensure timely completion of all designs
• Work with General Manager on successfully recruit and onboard design teams, casts, and crews
• Supervise production personnel including designers, electricians, carpenters, stage managers, wardrobe, running crews, etc.
• Oversee inventory and maintenance of all lighting, shop, costume, and sound equipment
• Support productions with research on needs including video and projections, special effects, sourcing and researching materials and techniques, etc.
• Establish and maintain a safe work environment at all times
• Many others
Working conditions and physical demands:
• Ability to lift 35 lbs
• Ability to climb ladders
• Ability to see in low-light conditions (such as a dark theater)
• Availability for night and weekend hours
• Ability to drive and a valid driver’s license
COMPENSATION: The position is full time, exempt, salary is $62,000
• Company-paid HMO (employees may “buy up” to additional offered coverage)
• 11 paid holidays and one floating day
• Paid vacation and sick time
• Company-matched benefit savings plan
Start date: flexible – January-February 2022
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume: [email protected] Please put “Production Manager – Candidate Last Name” in the subject line by 1/31/22. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please, no follow up calls. We invite candidates to review our anti-racism efforts here. Candidates of color and from diverse backgrounds strongly encouraged to apply.