Los Angeles Master Chorale
Los Angeles, CA
Summary of Duties:
The Los Angeles Master Chorale, a resident company of The Music Center of Los Angeles, seeks a motivated individual to serve as Production Manager (PM). This position provides direct support to the Artistic Director, Chief Production Officer, Senior Production Manager(SPM) and the Director of Education. The PM will work in tandem with the SPM to manage the Music Library and coordinate logistics for rehearsals and performances. This position requires exceptionally high degrees of confidence, tact and attention to detail. Because the position functions in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment, the successful candidate must have an ability to nimbly multi-task and set priorities in a manner that advances the Master Chorale’s interests.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, Functions:
- Manage music library database and single score library
- Manage off-site music library
- Manage score preparation, distribution and return processes with choristers
- Prep and track music score loans
- Coordinate artist check-in and logistical considerations related to rehearsals
- Assist Senior Production Manager with similar backstage concert duties in connection with performances at Walt Disney Concert Hall
- Coordinate logistics related to off-site services
Help administer chorister contracts:
- Create and send chorister contracts for mainstage and education engagements
- Track completed chorister contracts
- Assist with guest artist needs
- Assist with annual audition process
- Provide production assistance with Education Programs
- Other duties, as assigned
- May be required to lift up to 30 pounds
- Will be required to work select evenings and weekends; flexible schedule provided
- Will need to drive to off-site locations, and may be required to transport production related supplies and materials to off-site locations
- Valid Driver’s License and use of automobile
- Highly organized and able to set priorities
- Attention to detail
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Comfort working with team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptionally high degree of professionalism, confidence and tact
- A passion for the mission and aspirations of the Master Chorale
A competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and benefits will be provided.
Please submit a cover letter specifying how your experience relates to this position with the LA Master Chorale and a current résumé. Please attach documents in .pdf or .doc format.
Submit application materials at www.lamasterchorale.org/auditions-jobs by 11/31.
The Los Angeles Master Chorale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Los Angeles Master Chorale complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Los Angeles Master Chorale expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the Los Angeles Master Chorale’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.