Los Angeles, CA
Status: Seasonal full-time
Reports to: Deputy Director
Supervises: Outfest Los Angeles Production Coordinator, Volunteer Coordinator, Production Assistants, and Senior Volunteer teams – including Theater Managers and Special Events Team
Dates: May 20, 2019 – August 9, 2019
Job Summary: The Production Manager is responsible for executing all the production elements including venue rentals, film exhibition, festival rentals, directional signage, parties and receptions, and volunteer staffing of the Outfest Los Angeles LGBTQ Film Festival and events leading up to it.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Outfest Los Angeles
- Negotiate venue contracts and supervise implementation of venues including décor/signage plan, rentals, licenses, telephone and internet.
- Secure all necessary permits including fire, health, building, liquor, etc.
- Ensure the highest quality screening of each program. Negotiate rental of video projection equipment and engage projectionists as necessary.
- Secure all necessary rentals (sound, tables etc) for screenings, parties and events.
- Set-up off-site box office including telephone and internet connections.
- Schedule and coordinate receptions for Outfest Los Angeles (25-30), including licenses and bartenders.
- Train and supervise the Production Coordinator, Production Assistants, Theater & Venue Managers and Special Events Team.
- Oversee volunteer recruiting, staffing, training, and acknowledgement for festival and screenings.
- Oversee patron and staff safety systems including appropriate insurance of festival sites and events.
- Manage vendors including the special event company contracted for Outfest Los Angeles Opening Night Gala.
- Manage the distribution of sponsor-donated product throughout the festival.
- Work closely with all departments to ensure all production elements are handled for any program.
- Maintain departmental budget and report regularly to Deputy Director.
- Track measurable goals in annual plan and department goals.
- Travel and attend meetings, presentations and events outside the office.
- Work may require occasional weekends and/or extended workday.
- Minimum of two (2) years previous special event or production management experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience recruiting, supervising and motivating staff and/or volunteers.
- Knowledge of film, video, and digital exhibition formats.
- Computer literacy, including strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including word, excel, and power point. Previous experience working with database platforms desired with a willingness and ability to learn appropriate database, spreadsheet and other computer programs.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Valid CA Driver’s license and vehicle required
- Strong organizational and project management skills and attention to detail. Ability to prioritize work and adjust to multiple demands.
- Ability to work well independently and as team member. Ability to take initiative, and follow tasks through to completion.
- A commitment to Outfest’s mission and an understanding of its programs and their role in the broader LGBTQ movement.
Please send a PDF cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please indicate the job title in the subject of your email.
Outfest protects our past, showcases our present and nurtures our future by fostering artistic expression of gender, sexuality and LGBTQ culture and its transformative social impact on the world.
Founded by UCLA students in 1982, Outfest is the leading organization that promotes equality by creating, sharing and protecting LGBTQ stories on the screen. Outfest builds community by connecting diverse populations to discover, discuss and celebrate stories of LGBTQ lives. Over the past three decades, Outfest has showcased thousands of films from around the world to audiences of nearly a million, educated and mentored hundreds of emerging filmmakers and protected more than 30,000 LGBTQ films and videos.
Outfest is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. Applications are encouraged from all persons regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical/physical/mental condition, pregnancy/childbirth and related medical condition, age, marital status, or veteran status.