Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts
The mission of the Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts (aka “The Wallis”) is to create, present, and celebrate unique performing arts events and educational programs that reflect the rich cultural diversity of our community.
The Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts in Beverly Hills is seeking a Production Supervisor to work directly with the Director of Production and the Technical Director assisting in all stage and performance related operations including planning, scheduling, budgeting, purchasing, and event management. We need someone who is able to start work July 1, 2019. This is a full-time position with medical benefits, paid vacation and paid parking.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide support to the Director of Production in all areas including, but not limited to, production, staff and overhire labor scheduling, performance budgeting, planning and coordinating the use of all stages and stage related equipment.
- With the Production Assistant, maintain production accounts, provide budget reports, and facilitate all technical crew payrolls, as well as general production expenses.
- Supervise Production Assistant as necessary for accounting data input, reports, petty cash and other related budgetary records.
- Assist with performance supervision at Wallis events as necessary, and stage manage special events or rentals as necessary.
- Assist in the creation and oversight of all Wallis production policies.
- Serve as an important logistics link with renters and assist in determining services to be provided by Wallis, by taking a lead role in communications, meetings and walk-thrus.
- Assist in the supervision of stage labor in compliance with Wallis policies and procedures.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- College degree or equivalent experience is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in theatrical production management required. Experience in other performance related areas desired.
- Knowledge of stage related activities such as stage management, carpentry, rigging, electrics, sound, properties, costumes/wardrobe, stage design, touring, special effects, mechanization, drafting, structural engineering, and theater design.
- Ability to specify and secure outside services and materials to support Wallis productions as needed.
- Thorough familiarity with Excel and Word required.
- Ability to draft in Auto/CAD and/or Vectorworks highly desired.
- Ability to plan ahead and facilitate in problem solving.
- Strong communication skills with professional artists and inexperienced renters.
- Able to supervise and direct crew activities.
- Able to show initiative and work efficiently in stressful situations.
- Strong organizational skills and work habits.
Please email resume to [email protected]. No phone calls please.