PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR / STAGE MANAGER
Salary: $54,000 - $61,500
Position Summary Statement
Glendale Arts is seeking a creative and detail-oriented new team member to become our Production Supervisor / Stage Manager. This newly created position will not only manage stage operations, but will also be responsible for nurturing a stage crew culture around customer service, inclusion, and positivity.
The Alex Theatre operates as a road house and the Production Supervisor / Stage Manager will focus on the advancement, staffing, and supervision of all stage related details of events. They will also be the organizational backbone of the stage; ensuring that all training materials, operating procedures, stage drawings, and other documents are maintained and used appropriately.
About Glendale Arts
Glendale Arts, the leading arts organization in Glendale, CA, is a not-for-profit that manages the Alex Theatre on behalf of the City of Glendale. Though the Alex Theatre is a 92-year-old historic landmark, we operate this performing arts & entertainment center as if it were only 9 years old. Our main auditorium seats 1400 across three levels and sees over 200 days of programming activity a year including concerts, dance, book tours, film screenings, orchestras, cooperate events, and film/television shoots. We also play host to six resident companies: The Gay Men’s Chorus of Los Angeles, Los Angeles Ballet, Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra, Musical Theatre Guild, Glendale Youth Orchestra, and the Alex Film Society.
Required Qualifications & Skills
A qualified candidate will have all of the following:
- Three to five years of demonstrated success as a stage supervisor or department head for a live performance theater or comparable performing arts organization
- Strong customer service skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong administrative skill set including Microsoft Office, cloud based storage systems, and working from a mobile workstation with fluctuating levels of distractions.
- Management skills and experience supervising teams of 10 or more people.
- Strong personal organization and time management
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
A qualified candidate will have some mix of the following skill sets but is not required to have them all.
- Bi-Lingual (Spanish or Armenian preferred)
- Experience with Stage Rigging techniques
- Experience with CAD drafting in Vectorworks
- Experience programming lighting consoles
- Experience with data networks for theatrical systems
- Experience with hanging and focusing conventional lighting
- Experience working with or troubleshooting intelligent lighting instruments.
- Experience mixing sound for live stage productions or bands with at least 24 channels of input.
- Experience with wireless microphones.
- Experience with mixing monitors for concert sound including in-ear monitors.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, a resume, and 3 references to [email protected]. You may also submit applications via direct mail:
Hiring Manager: Production Supervisor
116 W California Ave
Glendale, CA 91203
This is a Job Summary, for a full description click HERE.