Jewish Story Partners
Jewish Story Partners (JSP) is a new nonprofit which provides grants and support to the highest caliber independent film projects exploring Jewish themes. JSP seeks a detail-oriented self-starter for the full-time position of Program and Operations Coordinator. The job is located in Los Angeles and we offer a hybrid remote/office work schedule and flexible hours.
The JSP Coordinator will be an integral part of our small and creative staff – helping to build and operate an artist support organization. This position will work to ensure the smooth functioning of all JSP departments – including program/artist support, marketing, PR, fundraising, finance, board relations, and office management. This role offers a rare opportunity to learn the inner workings of a start-up nonprofit.
The JSP Coordinator will be responsible to:
- Schedule meetings and calls
- Coordinate travel
- Perform data entry to input constituency, grantee, and fundraising updates
- Manage office, including supplies, equipment, deliveries, and maintenance
- Assist with finance activities, including payables and receivables, grant disbursements etc
- Assist in planning and producing events, including fundraising cultivations, board meetings, and artist support gatherings
- Research and track upcoming projects
- Coordinate delivery of communications, including newsletters, updates, and promotional materials to constituencies
- Monitor and amplify Social Media presence
- Coordinate special projects as they arise
Desired candidate qualifications and skills include:
● 3-5 years work experience demonstrating excellent organizational skills, including office and data systems, and producing events and meetings.
● Ease and skill with Google Workspace, spreadsheets, databases and social media.
● Strong writing and communication skills. Comfort and savvy working with a variety of constituents -- from artists to philanthropists to executives.
● Interested in film and media, and ideally has professional experience and education in the field.
● Someone with a collaborative spirit, who is self-motivated and entrepreneurial, and willing to learn and embrace the new tasks that inevitably arise with a small staff in a start-up environment.
● Sense of humor can’t hurt!
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Please send a resume and a brief letter explaining your background and why you’re interested in working with Jewish Story Partners by January 21st, 2022. For those whose experience and interest are a good fit, an initial phone conversation with either the Producing Director or Program and Operations Manager will be followed by a Zoom interview with both. Please email all materials, including your phone number to: Roberta Grossman at [email protected]
Jewish Story Partners is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that stimulates and supports the highest caliber independent films that utilize fresh, nuanced perspectives to tell stories about the diverse spectrum of Jewish experiences, histories, and cultures.