Los Angeles, CA
Turnaround Arts: California is a nonprofit organization established to administer Turnaround Arts, a program of the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts initiated by the President’s Committee on the Arts and the Humanities, in some of California’s highest-need elementary and middle schools across the state. The program brings arts-based educational strategies to priority schools to narrow the opportunity gap, increase student engagement, and improve campus culture and climate.
Reporting to the Director of Program & Strategy, the Program Assistant will provide general support in the following areas: organizational operations, including scheduling, basic accounting, and data entry; external communications, including social media/website coordination and media archive maintenance; and program administration, including research and data collection/analysis.
This role is key to the success of Turnaround Arts: California as the three-year old organization enters a new phase of its work. The successful candidate is highly organized, responsive to a fast-paced environment, can work well independently and collaboratively, and is highly committed to social justice and creating equitable educational opportunities through the arts.
Turnaround Arts: California is committed to building a culturally diverse, collaborative organization dedicated to increasing educational equity through the arts. Turnaround Arts: California strongly encourages applications from minority candidates.
● Process invoices, reimbursements, and check requests
● Process donor acknowledgement letters and maintain up-to-date organizational contact lists
● Assist with organizing, coding, and submitting receipts for monthly expense reports
● Regularly update digital ledger of organizational expenses
● Schedule and handle logistics for meetings, and coordinate travel arrangements
● Monitor firstname.lastname@example.org account and respond to or redirect inquiries
● Maintain highly organized digital and paper filing systems
● Complete other administrative duties, as needed
● Assist with coordinating, posting, and monitoring content on a variety of social media platforms
● Assist with routine website updates, edits, and additions
● Archive program documentation, including photos, videos, work samples, and media releases
● Conduct and archive interviews with program participants and other stakeholders, and identify potential blog content
● Research potential media outlets to engage and maintain a master media list
● Copy edit communications materials to ensure transmittal of error-free documents
● Provide on-site support at local, high-profile, special events, as appropriate
● Research arts education and integration resources for teachers, principals, and parents
● Research professional development and grant opportunities to share with school teams
● Research advocacy and policy efforts that intersect with Turnaround Arts: California’s work
● Collect and analyze public/internal data for reporting purposes and to evaluate program impact
● Provide on-site support at local, school-based events, as appropriate
The Program Assistant will have additional responsibilities, as necessary. This position may require occasional, local travel using candidate’s own car.
● Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a relevant field of study
● Demonstrated experience to perform the job responsibilities outlined above REQUIRED SKILL SETS
● Highly organized, self-motivated team player, excited to play a critical role in a small office and contribute to meaningful, mission driven work
● Effective oral and written communication skills, demonstrating tact, diplomacy, and accuracy
● Ability to professionally format emails, letters, and other documents
● Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and Google G-Suite
● Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Wordpress, and/or Mailchimp preferred
● Demonstrated discretion in dealing with high-profile contacts
● Ability to quickly adapt to changing circumstances and priorities, take appropriate initiative, and work independently
● Ability and willingness to learn and perform a variety of administrative tasks as shifting program demands require
● Ability to represent Turnaround Arts: California in a professional manner
● Highly desirable: oral and written Spanish language skills COMPENSATION
● Full-time, non-exempt position
● Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
● Benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k plan, paid holidays, and paid time off
● Mileage reimbursement for work-related travel beyond daily commute
HOW TO APPLY
Submit the following materials to email@example.com with the subject line “Program Assistant.” Only fully complete applications will be reviewed.
1. Turnaround Arts: California Employment Application - FIND HERE
2. Cover letter demonstrating interest and ability to perform the job responsibilities outlined above
3. Resume demonstrating experience and education
Materials will be reviewed on a first come first serve basis with priority given to applications received by October 20th, 2017. Interviews are anticipated for late October/early November.
NOTICE: All statements made on the application materials are subject to verification. Exaggerated, false, or misleading statements may be cause for rejection of the application and/or termination of employment. All information contained herein does not constitute either an expressed or implied offer of employment. We reserve the right to reject any or all applications, or to terminate the selection process for any position without prior notice.