youTHink by ShareWell
Los Angeles, CA
Job Title: youTHink Program Coordinator
Effective Date: Immediate Hire
Classification: Full-Time, Non-exempt
Supervisor: youTHink Director
Location: Zimmer Children’s Museum by ShareWell 6505 Wilshire Blvd. #100, Los Angeles, CA 90048
The youThink Program Coordinator will be responsible for generating and implementing programming ideas and building solid relationships with students, parents and alumni of youTHink.
- Act as liaison with community partners to create youth services programs and events that meet overall program goals
- Help develop and implement programming goals and ideas for arts based summer camps, teens and government/youth in action, and other special programs
- Foster an on-going relationship between youTHink/ShareWell & like-minded individuals, organizations, programs etc.
- Foster amicable relationships with student ambassadors and families that will promote youth leadership growth for participants during their tenure in the program and continue to maintain ties as they become alumni
- Help youTHink alumni engage in internship opportunities with youTHink and other organizations
- Promote leadership opportunities that will allow youth to strengthen personal skills in communication, time management and more
- Coordinate the Orientation Program for the High School & Middle School Student Ambassador programs
- Support applicants in completing their paperwork for the program
- Lead recruitment efforts for college programs
- Coordinate setting up the program logistics of youTHink college camps, workshops, and campus visits by scheduling dates, securing venues and guest facilitators and ordering food
- Build and maintain relationships with colleges/universities and organizational partners
- Develop and implement college access workshops for first generation 9th-12th graders, in collaboration with youTHink staff team
- Connect youth in school programs to out-of-school and college programs
- Evaluate current in school lessons and make programming recommendations that will make the materials engaging and relevant to the students
- May facilitate as needed for in school and after school programs
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be at least 18 years or older. Must pass background check
- Bilingual in Spanish/English preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Additional requirements needed to perform the duties of this job include the ability to walk, stand, kneel, balance, crouch, crawl, sit, see, talk and hear, and the ability to lift and/or move objects up to 20 lbs.
- Make substantial movements (motions) of wrists, hands, and/or fingers
- Position requires extensive local travel throughout Greater LA area
ShareWell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please write “Program Coordinator” in the subject line of your email.