The Colburn School
Los Angeles, CA
Overview of Colburn School:
Located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles, the Colburn School is an internationally recognized leader in performing arts education and is part of the fabric of the Los Angeles cultural community. With a world-renowned faculty, Colburn trains local and international students in four different units: the Colburn Conservatory of Music, the Colburn Community School of Performing Arts, the Colburn Music Academy and the Trudl Zipper Dance Institute. The Colburn Center for Innovation and Community Impact serves all four units with various programmatic initiatives.
The Colburn School's mission is to provide the highest quality performing arts education at all levels of development in an optimal learning environment.
The Program Coordinator for Jumpstart, Center for Innovation and Community Impact (CICI) position serves as the main point of contact for over 150 students and families involved in the Jumpstart program, a tuition-free performing arts education program at Colburn. The coordinator will work with Colburn faculty to help maintain a strong connection to their students and support all administrative areas of Colburn's Jumpstart program. The coordinator will also serve as the main line of communication between CICI and the Community School for the Performing Arts (CSPA).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage day-to-day office activity including phone calls with parents and students, scheduling meetings, and facilitating the registration process for all Jumpstart programming.
• Coordinate the lessons between conservatory students and their Jumpstart students. Work with the Coordinator of Career Development to ensure conservatory students are conducting weekly lessons and attending their professional development sessions.
• Work with leadership to develop jury and other evaluation protocols to ensure Jumpstart student success.
• Oversee student enrollment, program attendance, and matriculation into other community school programs like the Herbert Zipper Scholars program.
• Handle all equipment & supply orders, including instrument loans to students in collaboration with the CSPA staff who manage the larger instrument collection.
• Coordinate with CSPA faculty to convey timely and accurate logistics for all Jumpstart activities (rehearsals, performances, and meetings) to the Jumpstart families.
• Serve as primary liaison between CICI and the CSPA and train in the school's registration system.
• Work directly with the Philanthropy team to gather information that ensures grant compliance, including student stories, enrollment, and demographic data.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
• A bachelor's degree in Music, Arts Management, Humanities is required.
• Combined experience/education may be substituted for minimum education.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Some prior administrative experience supporting a fast-paced environment and/or event logistics desirable. Desire to manage office functions and bring creative thinking to an entrepreneurial environment within an academic setting is essential.
• Demonstrated ability to work with very diverse faculty, staff, and students.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and to work a very flexible schedule including some weekends.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Spoken Spanish is required.
Required Applicant Documents:
• Cover Letter
Apply here by 6/30/2022.