Arts for LA is a voice for the arts that informs, engages and mobilizes individuals and organizations to advocate for increased access to the arts; arts education for every student; robust investment in the arts; and inclusion of diverse voices. Arts for LA invests in leadership development, growing networks of civically engaged advocates, building deep relationships with elected officials and working in partnership to foster an equitable, healthy, creative Los Angeles county.
Arts for LA
Los Angeles, CA
Arts for LA seeks a dynamic, driven and community minded Program Intern to work closely with the Deputy Director and Program Manager during the critical summer months of planning for Arts for LA's 2018–19 programs, including ACTIVATE and the LA Convergence. Duties will include program design, coordinating event logistics, crafting messaging and strategic community outreach to work with Arts for LA to achieve our mission to activate artists and organizations, and lead communities to advocate for an equitable, healthy, creative Los Angeles.
The Program Development Intern will work closely with the Deputy Director and Program Manager during the critical summer months of planning for Arts for LA's 2018–19 programs, including ACTIVATE and the LA Convergence. Duties will include program design, coordinating event logistics, crafting messaging and strategic community outreach. Qualifications include:
- Candidates must have an interest in arts advocacy, policy and community organization.
- Candidates must be a currently enrolled undergraduate student who resides or attends college in Los Angeles County.
- Candidates must have completed at least one semester of college by June 1, 2018 in order to be eligible to participate.
- Candidates must have excellent writing, communication and research skills.
- Candidates should have experience in working with computer-based programs including Word and Excel.
- Candidates with bi-lingual/bi-literate experience are highly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Prior to applying for an Internship with Arts for LA, spend some time at www.artsforla.org to get a sense of the mission and programs of Arts for LA. Please email your professional resume, cover letter, and nonfiction writing sample (i.e. a brief article, blog or essay) as attachments to [email protected] with the subject line: Program Development Intern. Please note that form letters and acting/music resumes will not be considered. In your letter, please tell us why you would want to work for Arts for LA, why you think you would be a good fit for this specific internship and what you need to learn this summer to help you achieve your goals.