Los Angeles Review of Books
Los Angeles, CA
The Los Angeles Review of Books is looking for a full-time Program Manager for the LARB Publishing Workshop. Program Manager is responsible for the planning and implementation of the summer Publishing Workshop; assisting with fundraising for said programs throughout the year; and collaborating with LARB staff, interns, and volunteers on the creation of events and community partnerships. Responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Planning and scheduling program curriculum
- Outreach to and engagement of over 60 Workshop Speakers
- Marketing and recruitment of applicants
- Coordinating application and financial aid review
- Day-to-day oversight of the summer intensive course
- Cultivation and maintenance of sponsorships and institutional partnerships
- Program grant research and applications
- Year-round alumni programming, newsletters, etc.
- Management of speakers, staff, interns, and volunteers
Ideal candidates have a minimum of two years of experience with building and managing educational/public programming and grant writing in a nonprofit context. They should also possess a strong interest in publishing and diverse and independent literary production; excellent organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills; and a proven ability to lead a small staff, mentor interns, and work effectively in a collaborative and fast-paced work environment. Prior professional experience in publishing desirable but not required.
The position is full-time with an approximate start date of November 1. The salary range is $40,000-45,000, based on experience and qualifications. Because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we are currently working remotely, but the position would normally require being present in our Los Angeles office at least 2-3 times a week.
Deadline: September 30, 2021