Job Title: Program Manager - Promise Zone Arts South LA
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Part-time, non-exempt
Terms: 20 hours per week, $22-$30/hour commensurate with experience
Start Date: February 28, 2022
LA Commons engages communities in the creation of art for public spaces that tells their unique stories and serves as the basis for dialogue, interaction and a better understanding of Los Angeles. Through collaboration with local partners who have built deep wells of trust, we leverage art and cultural approaches to create positive change.
Since 2002, we have worked with over 1,000 artists, trained and mentored over 3,000 youth artists, and engaged over 35,000 community members in collaboration with scores of partners in neighborhoods across Los Angeles County. Headquartered in Leimert Park, we are committed to investing in resilient networks of youth, artists and community partners in Central and South Los Angeles.
Reporting to the Executive Director, this role is an integral part of the team of this mission-driven, fiscally sponsored non-profit arts and culture organization. The Program Manager will provide support for the Executive Director and project level leadership, to achieve the short and long term goals of the PZA South LA Asset Mapping project.
- Day to day management of project activities
- Support and ensure the development of project deliverables, with LA Commons staff, Project Partners and contractors as outlined in the Agreement with City of LA Dept. of Cultural Affairs (DCA)
- Support preparation and goal setting for all meetings; ensure communication between partner organizations to keep all parties informed or project progress
- Support briefings for meetings, addressing conflicts and problem-solving issues
- Attend all Planning, Engagement, Evaluation, and Advisory Team Meetings, supporting the delivery of Project vision and strategy
- Maintain project timeline, calendar, workflows and files necessary to the fulfillment of project goals and LA Commons operational needs
- Support the documentation and reporting necessary to fulfill contractual obligations with the City of LA DCA
- Support the creation of draft answers to NEA final report data including all metrics and narrative requirements and help DCA to finalize the final report package sent
- Other administrative duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Organized, detail-oriented, and reliable
- Minimum two years prior experience in public administration, cultural asset-mapping, cross-sector project management, community engagement involving project management and building relationships with local partners and stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong organizational skills and time management ability; deadline and detail oriented; capacity to prioritize competing responsibilities
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to be proactive and suggest improvements
- Knowledge of South Los Angeles community and related cultural, health and social resources
- Bilingual Spanish and English
This is a one year contract position, with possibility of permanent employment.
LA Commons is a fiscally sponsored project of Community Partners, an Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran. This position is funded by the City of Los Angeles, employee must be fully vaccinated before starting work.
4343 Leimert Park Blvd. Los Angeles 90008