Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles, CA
Part Time Permanent
Established, high-profile artist couple currently seeking a detail-oriented and motivated Project Designer. This individual must possess a strong work ethic and be able to handle various responsibilities including:
- Develop preliminary designs, and complete layouts for review and approval for projects with instruction from artists
- Conduct visual research and concept development should the artists need.
- Work with the artists closely and work quickly with their instruction to develop original design materials
- These projects may range from printmaking, invitations, posters, booklets, exhibition design to holiday cards, special projects with other companies, developing mockups, etc
- Mockups for galleries, and other designers to get an idea of what direction we want to go in
- Help Artists with printmaking preparation and coordinate with the printmaking/print houses throughout the whole process including prepping the digital file
- Directly oversee and coordinate logistics and visual aspects of projects
- Ensure direct vision is being represented
- Ensure print and production quality of all materials
- Ensure timely execution
- Comfortable suggesting forward thinking layout and design adjustments with the artists
- Work closely with archivist and support them with Publications - Ability to work with sketchup and help with exhibition design
- Ability to retouch images
- Coordinate and design any booklets made in studio
- Work 3 days per week, and open to 4 days/week
- Work an extra day/hours as needed under tight deadlines
- Minimum 3-4 years experience in design.
- Ability to use 3D visualization software such as Google SketchUp
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Strong communication and management skills and collaborative nature. - Highly developed time management skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting schedule requirements. - Office computer skills and systems knowledge required.
- A demonstrable ability to multi-task expertly.
- Attention to detail while being a creative thinker and having the ability to work both within and without guidelines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, to take direction, to receive feedback, and to execute tasks accordingly
- Knowledge of Pantone color matching
- Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Please provide salary requirements with your application.
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Project Designer"
Do you like this post?