Los Angeles, CA
Position Title: Project Lead, Turnaround Arts
Position: Temporary, Full time, Non-exempt
Reports to: Associate Program Director, CS
The Project Lead, Turnaround Arts is responsible for the coordination, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of P.S. ARTS contract with Turnaround Arts: California. The Project Lead, Turnaround Arts works under the guidance of the Associate Program Director, CS to ensure deliverables are being met, including communication with Turnaround Arts: California, Arts Leadership Teams at each school site, and site coaches. The Project Lead, Turnaround Arts ensures quality, customized coaching for each school site, provides faculty support, contributes to Turn Around Arts program budget development and tracking, and provides logistic support for special projects and events. The Project Lead acts as the primary liaison for P.S. ARTS coaches, school site administrators, and Arts Leadership Teams, Turnaround Arts: California Implementation Coordinator, and program partners.
- Work with the Associate Programs Director to ensure P.S. ARTS coaching and partnership quality, impact, and accessibility
- Complete monthly reports to Turnaround Arts: California, and monthly phone calls with Turnaround Arts Implementation Coordinator
- Conduct site visits at all P.S. ARTS’ Turnaround Arts: California school sites including travel to Avenal in Central California
- Oversee and guide the formation and stability of Arts Leadership Teams at each school site
- With P.S. ARTS site coach, coach one or two clearly designated Arts Leadership Team leaders who take on defined roles and responsibilities, and guide all team members in executing their roles and responsibilities at their school sites
- Attend and participate in monthly Arts Leadership Team meetings at each school site
- With the Associate Program Director and site coach, refine school based strategic arts plans that advance each of the Turn Around Arts Pillars, and in year-three schools, focus on sustainability
- Schedule monthly cohort meetings with principals, Arts Leadership Team leaders, arts specialists and early childhood education coaches
- Work with Associate Program Director, site coach and Turnaround Arts: California to facilitate the delivery of professional development contracted through Turnaround Arts: California.
- Keep schools informed about best practices and research on arts education, shared leadership models, peer support network structures, and effective meeting facilitation
- Collect examples of Turnaround Arts: California school progress toward goals outlined in school level strategic arts plans for sharing across the broader Turnaround Arts network
- Educate school communities about the potential for alignment of Title I and Local Control Accountability Plan funding to support arts integration goals
- With guidance from Turnaround Arts: California, provide school site preparation support and schedule development in advance of Turnaround visits
- Assist Turnaround Arts: California with staff with scheduling an annual school culture and climate survey at specified schools
- Maintain highly organized digital and paper filing systems and facilitate information sharing across the cohort of regional coaches
- Coordinate, track, monitor and submit monthly reports on regional coach activities at Turnaround Arts: California school sites, using a reporting tool provided by Turnaround Arts: California
- Actively participate in community building in and across our partner schools
- Communicate regularly with P.S. ARTS programs team to coordinate joint efforts and shared faculty
- Contribute to programs team discussions and planning with regard to program design, short and long-range priorities, and goals and evaluation
- Monitor coach compliance with P.S. ARTS policies and expectations, including curriculum documentation, instruction, and evaluation protocols
- Track site coach time sheets and sick days, and prepare payroll for Financial Analyst
- Share constructive feedback with site coaches and collaborate with programs team, the Associate Program Director CS, and the Deputy Director to determine best course of professional development and support
- Contribute to annual faculty performance reviews for site coaches
- Participate in Family Arts Nights, special projects, and programs events as needed
- Represent P.S. ARTS at arts education related convening and events as determined by the Associate Program Director, CS, including Turnaround Arts: California regional coach pilot program meetings
- Contribute to programs-related content for social media, newsletters, and all other P.S. ARTS-related publications as needed.
The Project Lead, Turnaround Arts will be a creative and strategic thinker, hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field, have prior experience in the arts education field as a teacher or administrator, and a demonstrated commitment to the P.S. ARTS mission.
Priority will be given to candidates with a Master’s Degree in Education or related field, experience coaching classroom teachers or teaching artists, experience working directly with school site leadership, experience leading professional development, and who are bilingual Spanish/English.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change in response to organization need at the discretion of the CEO.
Temporary, October 2016 through June 2017
Salary Range: $3,250-$4,000 per month DOE
Please email a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the following email subject line: “Project Lead, Turnaround Arts.” Hard copies will not be accepted. No phone calls please.