Department of Cultural Affairs
Los Angeles, CA
The Department of Cultural Affairs (DCA) is seeking a part-time Arts Associate to assist in managing grant-funded arts and cultural programs. This position will support DCA’s Marketing, Development, Design, and Digital Research Division, and work in collaboration with DCA staff, City Council staff, artists, arts organizations, and community groups to direct a variety of arts and cultural programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership and facilitate grant funded projects
- Work with DCA Division Directors and nonprofit arts organizations to implement projects
- Promote opportunities for public participation
- Prepare subgrantee contracts and process invoice payments
- Create project timelines and maintain schedules
- Manage databases and status of grant-funded projects
- Track progress to meet program goals
- Assist in marketing programs and creating social media content
- Research government and foundation grant opportunities
- Assist with grant applications and funder reports
- Assist with other DCA programs as required
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s or M.A. in any field within the arts or humanities. Strong communication skills and the ability to work within diverse communities are expected. Must possess excellent interpersonal, writing, and organizational skills, and pay close attention to details. Ability to use Microsoft Office required and knowledge of design software and Airtable database preferred. Must be able to work independently, quickly, and efficiently on multiple projects and follow City procedures. Minimum of three or more years of experience in cultural programming is preferred.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a part-time exempt position of approximately 20 hours per week at $25-$30 per hour, commensurate with experience. Ability to work occasional evenings required. This position does not include health benefits, vacation, or sick time. Part-time positions accrue compensated time-off after six months in the position. Must have valid California driver’s license and the ability to lift 20 to 25 pounds. The job is located at DCA’s headquarters in Downtown Los Angeles.
Interested applicants should submit: 1) a one-page cover letter explaining the applicant’s qualifications, skills, and specific interests in this position; 2) a professional resume; 3) a writing sample (academic paper, essay, grant, or other sample - maximum 3 pages). Please email documents to [email protected] Deadline to submit materials is February 28, 2019, or until sufficient applications have been received. No phone calls please.