Dyson & Womack
Los Angeles, CA
Salary - $50,000.00 – 60,000.00 per year
Job type - Full-time
About Dyson & Womack
Dyson & Womack is a public art consulting, production and fabrication, design, media, and cultural advocacy firm based in Los Angeles. Our work supports the future of creative culture around the globe. We inspire artists and institutions to imagine and implement accessible, equitable, and sustainable art programs that actively support and serve communities.
Whether we are commissioning large-scale public artworks, developing public art master plans, producing art exhibitions and festivals, or fabricating contemporary artworks, at Dyson & Womack we strive to make impactful and inspiring works of art a part of our everyday life.
Opportunities at Dyson & Womack
Dyson & Womack seek a qualified and experienced Project Manager to join our team. The Project Manager will lead client projects as well as contribute to large project implementations and the day-to-day development of Dyson & Womack.
At Dyson & Womack, we work across diverse projects with public and private clients throughout the creative industry. Our employees have expertise in project implementation and management, strategic planning, critical thinking, and support a progressive vision of our contemporary cultural landscape.
As a Project Manager at Dyson & Womack, the successful candidate will run projects with the highest degree of integrity, transparency, and resourcefulness; supporting our clients and the diverse communities and artists with which we work. We are excited to offer this opportunity to join our highly creative team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
First and foremost we seek an individual with
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships through expert level written and verbal communications;
- Exceptional organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail;
- An aptitude for leadership and the ability to guide a project from concept through to implementation; and
- An innovative, creative, and resourceful approach to every project.
As a Project Manager, you will
- Prepare and present project proposals, presentations, and visual aids;
- Create project goals and negotiate contracts and fees;
- Implement one or more client projects as leader of project teams;
- Provide structure and confidence to the team and client by communicating project objectives, contract scope, terms, and schedules;
- Track and manage the financial performance of projects;
- Evaluate staff and sub-contractor performance providing support and guidance for improvement;
- Prepare written and data reports for internal operations and external client use; and
- Work collaboratively with Dyson & Womack team members to develop strategy and support implementation of business goals.
To take this position, you will have
- Been employed as a Project Manager, or in a similar position, for at least two years;
- Managed at least two direct reports in a previous position;
- A strong background and knowledge base in public art and the contemporary art landscape;
- Extensive experience giving oral presentations;
- Hands-on experience researching and creating documents, reports, and presentations across Adobe, Microsoft, and Macintosh software; Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign essential.
- The ability to read and interpret technical drawings and architectural plans; and
An affinity for organization and experience maintaining project files across various file types including text, image, video, and CAD files.
To excel in this position, you will have
- Experience working with WordPress to update websites;
- Working knowledge of Buffer and MailChimp or similar social media/email marketing tools;
- Fluency in English and Spanish preferred; and
- Working knowledge of Basecamp or similar project management tools.
Valid driver’s license
Light travel (in and out of state)
$50,000 - $60,000 a year
Benefits include paid and paternal leave, health care stipend, and retirement account
Email cover letter and resume to Dyson & Womack at email@example.com