THIS X THAT
Los Angeles, CA
THIS X THAT, an agency for emerging architects, is looking for an energetic, detail-oriented part-time PR Associate. This person will directly support THIS X THAT’s founders, and will work to develop and execute public relations strategy and campaigns on behalf of THIS X THAT’S clients, as well as develop press materials and strategies for THIS X THAT’s own exhibitions and projects.
The role will require 25-30 hours per week in our Los Angeles offices, with some flexibility in scheduling and the ability to work some hours remotely after an initial trial period. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated freelance PR or arts administration professional, or for a recent graduate with some experience looking to pursue a career in PR, or art/architecture administration or development. Hourly compensation dependent upon experience. Only accepting Los Angeles-based applicants.
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “PR Associate” in the subject heading.
- Draft press releases and prepare press mailings
- Pitch stories to journalists and editors
- Create and maintain press kits and deliverables, ensuring that assets are organized, accessible and updated
- Follow up on press leads and requests for materials
- Maintain press contact lists, mailing lists and invitation lists
- Maintain press and pitching calendar
- Track, report and archive print and digital press coverage of THIS X THAT’s clients
- Create invitations and mailings for events and exhibitions and track RSVPs
- Lend support at offsite events
- Update website when necessary
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Ability to be proactive and solutions-oriented, even if working independently or with little supervision
- Receptive and able to incorporate feedback into work
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Prior experience in a PR firm or in a PR or sales-related role is preferred (including internships)
- Some experience in architecture and/or the art world is helpful, an interest in architecture and the arts is required
- Proficient with MailChimp and Adobe Suite (Acrobat, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator). Experience with Squarespace and/or web design/development a plus.
About THIS X THAT
THIS X THAT works with emerging architects to forge meaningful partnerships and to create innovative projects at the intersection of design, art, and culture. THIS X THAT helps clients identify and connect with brands, businesses, corporations, institutions, and other partners. THIS X THAT also works to activate and program publicly accessible, site-specific projects that connect disciplines and engage architecture and design.