Los Angeles, CA
Film Independent is a nonprofit arts organization that champions independent film and supports a community of artists who embody diversity, innovation and uniqueness of vision. Film Independent helps filmmakers make their movies, builds an audience for their projects and works to diversify the film industry. Film Independent is known for producing the Spirit Awards, the Film Independent Forum, and the Film Independent Presents screening series.
Publicity Internships available at Film Independent, two days a week minimum commitment required, hours 10:30 AM - 5:30 PM, offices located in Mid-City. We are looking for responsible, organized, resourceful, pro-active, detail-oriented individuals who would like hands-on professional publicity experience. Interns will help in the lead up and on site for events. Interns will need to be available July through – October 2019. The internship will conclude in October but there is the possibility to extend the internship to work on the Spirit Awards.
Internship Duties Include:
- Researching and updating media lists in Excel
- Tracking media coverage and archiving press clippings § Assisting in the creation of pitch documents
- Organizing photos from events and choosing selects
- Managing media RSVPs for events
- Helping with administrative tasks
- Assisting Director at various events with press check-in, managing press, talent and house photographer
Required Computer Skills:
- Mac savvy
- Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of media monitoring services like Trendkite and Meltwater is a plus
- Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or Media-related major
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills, attention to detail is key (to demonstrate this please title your email “Film Independent Summer PR Internship 2019”)
- Must have a great work ethic, resourceful, responsible, independent thinker, can-do attitude. This is not a position for shy people.
- MacBook to bring into the office
- Punctual to a fault, positive problem solver, pleasant phone manners & reliable transportation.
*** This is an unpaid internship, college credit required.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Melanie Bates, Publicity Coordinator via email [email protected] No calls please.