Los Angeles, CA
Position: Puppet Program Coordinator, Los Angeles office
Supervisor: Judy French
Status: 50-75%, Exempt
- Organize and lead COUNT ME IN and Kids Against Bullying volunteers
- Recruit and train volunteers to present puppet shows.
- Schedule volunteers.
- Work with schools to schedule COUNT ME IN and Kids Against Bullying puppet shows.
- Memorize scripts, present educational puppet shows, and transport puppets and show materials as needed.
- Update all scripts and resource materials.
- Assist with marketing the PACER puppets and materials locally and nationally.
- Maintain puppets, supplies, and equipment.
- Keep records, write reports, and maintain all COUNT ME IN and Kids Against Bullying
- Make presentations on the project to other groups.
- Other tasks as may be required.
- Public speaking experience
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Flexibility in daily schedule
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience working with children
- Ability to lift and transport puppets and related items, up to approximately 25 lbs. on a regular basis; have Driver’s License and vehicle for travel in greater metro area
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word and Outlook
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience creating and presenting information to children
- Experience in training and working with volunteers
- Knowledge of issues related to persons with disabilities and bullying prevention
Parents of children and young adults with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
Submit resume with cover letter to:
Judy French | [email protected] | PACER Center’s Los Angeles Area Office | 80 E. Hillcrest Drive, #203 | Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
PACER Center is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.