Palos Verdes Art Center
Palos Verdes, CA
Winter Art Show
December 7, 2018 - January 2, 2019
This is a juried all media exhibition hosted by the Palos Verdes Art Center open to all Palos Verdes Art Center(PVAC) members.
Juror: Dan McCaw: Dan McCaw is a contemporary American artist who lives and works in Torrance, California. His work is a bridges his traditional background and the contemporary influences that impact his art. Dan was on the faculty of the Art Center College of Design for over 15 years. In 2007, Dan was given an Honorary Doctorate degree by the San Francisco Academy of Art. He has had over forty solo exhibitions, written an instructional book and has had numerous national and international articles written about him.
Calendar for Winter Show:
Online Submission Dates via CaFe: Monday, Oct. 15- Friday Nov. 16
Juror selects art for exhibition Nov. 17-Nov. 21.
Juror’s selections announced via CaFe on Fri. Nov 23.
Take In of Selected Works: Friday, Nov. 30 from 9:00 to 11:00 am
Juror’s Talk: Friday, Dec. 7 at 7:00pm. All artists are welcome to attend.
Opening Reception: Friday, Dec. 7, 7:00 to 9:00 pm
Close of Show and pick up of art: Thursday, January 3 from 9:00-11:00 am
On Line Submission Procedure:
- Go to wwwcallforentry.org
- Create a CaFe profile
- Follow step-by-step instructions in CaFe for creating a profile. Please be sure to identify your media and substrate, i.e. oil on canvas, digital on copper, etc.
- Apply to call, PVAC Winter Show. You may submit up to 3 pieces of art once your profile in CaFe is complete.
- 2 Dimensional artists may submit only 3 images, one for each piece entry.
- 3 Dimensional artists may submit 3 images per entry. A 3 dimensional artist will be allowed 9 images 3 of each piece submitted for consideration.
- All work must be original to the artist and the source material must be original to the artist or from a permitted source.
- For assistance with CaFe submission, call CaFe support at 1-303-629-1166
Requirement for Entry : Current member in good standing of PVAC. If you are not a current member, you may join through CaFe when submitting entry.
- Juror selections will be announced by CaFe via email by Friday, Nov. 23. If you haven’t heard from CaFe by Nov. 25, check your spam and trash. You can also go to your CaFe portfolio and check there.
- Juror selected artwork must be hand delivered to the Palos Verdes Art Center main gallery on Friday, Nov. 30 between 9:00 and 11:00 am.
- No early deliveries. All work must be delivered on Nov. 30th.
Size Limit and Framing:
- Maximum size is 50”Wx60” H including framing for 2 dimensional work. This also applies to diptychs and triptychs. Weight is not to exceed 30 pounds. Maximum size for 3 dimensional works is 72x36x36 inches. Weight must not exceed 150 pounds.
- No damaged frames. Frames must be in good condition.
- All 2 dimensional work should be ready to hang. D rings with wire or French brackets are acceptable.
- 1 1/2 inch wrap canvas need not be framed but should be painted on all sides. Canvases that are not wrap around or thinner than 1 1/2 inches must be framed.
- PVAC reserves the right to refuse artwork that does not meet requirements even though accepted by the juror.
Media: All media is eligible.
*An artist may submit up to 3 pieces for $35.
*An artist may pay the entry fee on the CaFe website by credit card. Or you may mail a check to PVAC Artists Groups:
Palos Verdes Art Center, 5504 W. Crestridge Road, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
Attn: Eliza Rosado
*PVAC will take a 25% commission on all sales of exhibited art work.
*PVAC is not responsible for lost, stolen or misdirected entries.
Close of Show Pick Up: Thursday, January 3, 2019 from 9:00 to 11:00 am.
Insurance: Coverage applies only to the duration of the exhibition. PVAC carries no earthquake insurance. Artwork must remain in the exhibition until Thursday, January 3, 2019.
Questions? Please call Val Simon, 805-300-8946
email: [email protected]
Do you like this post?