Riverside Arts Academy
Position Title: Music Director
The Music Director shall develop, coordinate, and supervise the entire Riverside
Arts Academy Music Project (RAAMP); recruit, train, and rehearse members of
the Riverside Youth Orchestra and oversee all other classes. They are
responsible for the music portion of Riverside Arts Academy.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to music required . Master’s
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of professional experience as a music
conductor, teacher of music, or similar role required.
Experience programming and hosting music programs. Announcing experience,
with clear annunciation. In-depth knowledge of music. Ability to use computers.
Ability to effectively recruit, train and lead musicians. Proficient in at least one
performance area, such as keyboard, violin, choral or voice, etc. Willingness to
travel and availability of reliable transportation. Must pass background checks
and TB test prior to the start of work.
Approximately 15 hours a week. Weekly time commitment on Saturdays and
occasional evenings for events.
Tasks and Duties:
● Oversee classes at the Riverside Arts Academy and school districts
and implement at least three (3) performances during agreement
period, including the Art of Giving Gala, Instrument Drive and Winter &
● Provide support, direction and supervision for Teaching Artists (TAs)
and students enrolled in RAAMP classes (e.g. Band, Strings, and
● Principal conductor of the Riverside Youth Orchestra.
● Work effectively with parents of RAAMP students and create a
nurturing and welcoming environment.
● Assist with the recruitment and training of all Teaching Artists that will
teach in the Riverside Arts Academy Music Project.
● Provide curriculum for all sessions no later than one month prior to the
start of the program for all Teaching Artists.
● Coordinate program design, implementation, goals for accountability,
and program effectiveness with RAAMP staff (General Manager,
Curriculum Specialist, Program Assistant).
● Selects repertoire for all RAAMP classes in collaboration with the
Curriculum Specialist and Teaching Artists.
● Assist in coordination of events with the General Manager.
● Provide an evaluation process to assess the success of the RAA
Teaching Artists and staff. Success will be measured by the retention
of participants, attendance, program evaluations and performance
● Provide an evaluation process to assess the success of the Riverside
Arts Academy Music Project (RAAMP). Success will be measured by
the retention of participants, attendance, program evaluations and
performance among participants.
● Provide a list of supplies, equipment and materials needed to conduct
each class no later than one month prior to the start of each session.
● Provide a qualified substitute, or notify RAA staff in the case of the
cancellation and the date the canceled class will be made up. Director
shall notify RAA staff twenty-four (24) hours prior to class time of the
substitution or of the cancellation. Failure to make up a class or
secure a qualified substitute instructor will result in the deduction of
compensation for such class from the Music Director’s next payment
and may result in termination of Agreement.
● Ensure facility, equipment and supplies are left in the same condition
at the conclusion of each class meeting.
● The Music Director will be present at a minimum of thirty (30) Saturday
classes, during this agreement period.
● Music Director will participate in monthly Harmony Project America
affiliate conference calls as a Riverside Arts Academy affiliate of HP
● Assist staff with written material, communications and
● Represents RAA in local and regional events.
● Participates in the development of evaluation rubrics, especially
musical and nonacademic metrics.
● Other duties as assigned.
Application Requirements: Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, 2 Letters of
Send application materials to: [email protected]
RIVERSIDE ARTS ACADEMY DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, GENDER, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, OR ETHNICITY IN STUDENT ADMISSIONS OR IN ANY PROGRAMS IT ADMINISTERS