Los Angeles, CA
M+B Gallery in Los Angeles is looking for an experienced, friendly, hard-working and organized professional for a full-time Registrar position.
- maintenance of gallery inventory database (Artlogic)
- coordination of all domestic and international shipping for exhibitions, art fairs, clients and in-house
- incoming and outgoing shipment receipts and releases
- preparation of art works for shipping/delivery
- oversight of gallery installations for exhibitions and art fairs
- coordinating the production of artwork for the gallery, clients, exhibitions and art fairs
- condition reporting
- coordination of loans and consignments to museums and galleries
- organizing and managing on-site and off-site storage, and ensuring adequate insurance coverage
- respond to requests for insurance certificates
- liase with gallery artists, clients and vendors (printers, shippers, framers, etc)
We are seeking someone who is:
- energetic, dedicated, detail-oriented, highly organized, calm, punctual, systems-oriented and a problem-solver
- takes initiative, follows through on projects, manages time and tasks well and stays cool under pressure
- willing to undertake basic and complex tasks with equal diligence
- project a positive, pleasant demeanor and enjoy working with the public as well as with co-workers
- the ability to multi-task and stay calm within a fast-paced, high-pressure, exciting environment, as meeting multiple deadlines is the standard and not an exception
- excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as logic-based reasoning and the ability to think creatively
- a thorough understanding of contemporary art is important
- a minimum of 2 years experience at a gallery, museum, artist studio or fine art shipping company with experience in the above listed responsibilities
- Computer savvy: MAC computers, Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. Experience with Artlogic and SketchUp is a huge plus.
Please send a cover letter, resume, references and salary history to email@example.com. No phone calls or walk-ins please. Salary is commensurate with experience.