Edward Cella Gallery
Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles based gallery, specializing in contemporary art and design, seeks a full-time Registrar / Administrator Position.
The position requires excellent judgment, strong organizational skills, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-
paced environment. The ideal candidate is a motivated, detail-oriented self-starter, with excellent communication
Duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Responsible for managing the ECAA inventory tracking ins and outs including artworks for both exhibition
and fairs though coordination with Owner, Director and artists.
2. Responsible for maintaining inventory systems including updating pricing and coordinating photography.
3. Responsible for ECAA technologies and their updates and improvements.
4. Updates ECAA website and Artsy for all new projects, programs and exhibitions -- grooming with new
inventory; artist news, announcements and managing online inventory.
5. Responsible maintaining the ECAA master calendar and exhibition schedule.
6. Coordinate designs and implementation all ECAA public communications, announcements and social
7. Writes invoices (in coordination with sales team) and coordinate with bookkeeper to track payables and
8. Coordinate shipping and deliveries and art fair logistics.
9. Direct internal traffic for messages, RSVPs, and other project specific support.
Preferred technical skills includes high proficiency in the Windows environment, Artsystems, MS Office Suite,
Artsy, Photoshop, and Instagram and Facebook.
- Excellent research, writing, computer, and communication skills are essential.
- Must be highly organized and attentive to detail, and ability to bring care, organization, tact and attention to
detail to projects.
- The position requires problem solving, organizational and time management skills, and the ability to work
effectively and efficiently without direct supervision.
- Valid California Driver’s License is required.
- Preference is given to candidates with two years or more of gallery experience, specifically Registrarial experience
and someone who has worked at a gallery in the LA area.
- At minimum, a BA/BFA in related field and an interest in contemporary art.
The position is full-time, with competitive hourly compensation.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.