California African American Museum
Los Angeles, CA
The California African American Museum seeks a part-time Registration assistant beginning January 2017 through December 2017. Founded in 1977, the California African American Museum’s mission is to research, collect, preserve, and interpret for public enrichment the history, art, and culture of African Americans with an emphasis on California and the western United States.
The Registration assistant will work directly with CAAM's Registrar to input data, inventory, and catalogue collection objects.
- Assist with manual and electronic records and files
- Assist with collections inventory and storage areas
- Input data on the collections database
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite programs
Qualifications and Requirements:
- CAAM will consider applicants enrolled in a undergraduate-level art, art history, history or similar program.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal communication and organizational skills
This is a part-time position which requires a minimum of two days per week, from 9 am to 5 pm. The position is based in CAAM’s office in Los Angeles. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Please submit all applications to Susan Guadamuz, Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.