West Hollywood, CA
Research Assistant, Ecofeminism Project
- Part-Time, Limited term, hourly employee
- Position duration is approximately twelve weeks beginning this fall, with the possibility of renewing
- Current students encouraged to apply. Will consider school credit requests.
Supports curator by facilitating and assisting with research that will result in a forthcoming symposium, exhibition and publication on the history of ecofeminist art.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Conducts research in local libraries, online databases, and other archives and contributes to the conceptual development of a project by organizing/creating documentation of found materials, such as bibliographies, searching for and ordering texts, writing literature reviews
- Corresponds with artists, estates, and galleries to request initial research material related to artistic practices; may accompany curator on select local studio visits
- Requests images for exhibition and/or publication; researches and obtains art and image permissions; maintains database of images and related research materials
- Proofreads, edits, and writes short texts as needed
- Assists with creation of printed materials and PowerPoint presentations related to project
- May assist with organizing public programs or publication by communicating with participants and authors, assisting editors, assisting with conference organization logistics
- Bachelor's degree in art history with specialization in modern and contemporary art; Master’s degree preferred
- 0-2 years research experience (education may be considered)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; organization a must
- Ability to manage multiple requests in a timely manner
- Ability to build relationships, collaborate and work with a small staff
- Ability to work independently and set and meet deadlines for oneself
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe software suites preferred
- Proficiency in Spanish a plus
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Hiring@laxart.org. Please put “Ecofeminism RA” in the subject line.