Applications from artists are invited for the FARM Studio International Art Residency 2019, taking place in two centres in Rajasthan, India - an urban hub in Jodhpur and a rural hub in Andore. Artists are provided with accommodation, studio and other support and contribute to the running costs.
FARM Studio International Artist Residency’s aim is to provide a rural, community-based open platform where creativity can unfold. Residents stay and create in a unique atmosphere and entirely new environment where they can develop their artwork free from accustomed distractions. Relationships form between the artists coming from different geographical locations and varied social, religious and cultural backgrounds. Here, collaborations and experimentation is encouraged. Many exciting exchanges and dialogues among artists take place. Farm Studio also promotes and celebrates the local community’s artistic and cultural identity while also introducing art and culture of others (Indian and International guests) back to the community. This intercultural exchange broadens everyone’s experiences and fosters art appreciation.
Farm Studio International Artist Residency hosts artists from September to March each year, with accommodations available for up to 6-8 residents at one time.
Disciplines: Artists of all disciplines creating in any media are welcome to apply: dance, theatre, music, sound, performance art, writing, painting, drawing, printmaking, textiles, culinary, photography, video/film, animation, architecture, sculpture (any material), ceramics, mixed-media / multi-media, interdisciplinary, installation, and other new/alternative media. Researchers, curators, and art critics are also welcome to apply. Open to emerging and established artists.
- Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis, artists will be selected subject to motivation, work sample and availability.
- It is suggested that the artist arrange his/hers own insurance to cover any possible accident, loss or damage (including but not limited to health insurance and general liability insurance) during their stay in India.
- Applicants are responsible for travel, visa, materials, entertainment, food costs and insurance.
- Farm studio will not be liable for any loss, theft or damage and provides no insurance covering any work, equipment or materials belonging to any user.
- Farm Studio residency provides three types of working space where you can explore your art and ideas in the rural Rajasthani environment; at the Farm Studio indoor studio, the outdoor and farm environment, and in Andore Village.
When: Oct. 10th 2019 to March 10 2020
Where : Farm Studio- Rajasthan - India
Artist responsible for:
- $550 USD Residency fee
- Travel and subsistence costs
- Art materials
- Health insurance
Organization will provide:
- Meals (Vegetarian breakfast, lunch, dinner included)
- Tea, coffee (on request)
- Studio space
- Exhibition opportunity
- Invitation letter
- Local sight-seeing
- Basic kitchen
- Printer B/W
- First aid kit (medical box)
- Basic tools
Deadline: April 27th, 2019
I am requesting to please add and publish our open call on you web site.
It would help to reach to more artists.
FARM Studio International Art Residency 2019-2020.