Philip Martin Gallery
Los Angeles, CA
Philip Martin Gallery, a contemporary art gallery in Los Angeles, CA, is seeking a detail-oriented, hard-working individual to serve in a sales capacity.
Title and salary commensurate with experience. Candidates must have at least one year of previous gallery sales experience.
Applying individuals must have the following skills and personal traits:
- A positive demeanor.
- Self confidence.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills.
- Working knowledge of contemporary art/art history.
- Ability to work with the public.
- Collaborative spirit and ability to work with a team.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to meet sales goals.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Knowledge of a language other than English preferred but not required.
Candidate will work with the owner and sales team on the following tasks:
- Overseeing all aspects all aspects of client relations: offering artworks; arranging viewings; negotiating and completing sales; tracking and following through on shipping arrangements; updating client information/status in gallery database, etc.
- Preparing sales documents.
- Communicating with and aiding curators on artist projects and museum shows.
- Liaising with gallery artists through regular contact.
- Participating in sales meetings, art fairs, museum and gallery openings, artist dinners.
- Choosing works for art fairs and managing stock of available works.
- Reviewing art fair applications.
- Proposing artists for exhibitions and possible representation.
- Collating auction results.
Preferred candidates will be versed in the following applications:
- Adobe programs like Photoshop and InDesign.
- Database programs
- Word-processing programs
- Mac operating system and Mac-Mail
Candidate must have full-time availability (Tuesday-Saturday, 10am-6pm, plus opening receptions). There will be some work done after hours from home as well as national and international travel.
Please send a cover letter and application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Walk-in applicants will not be considered.
Phone call applicants will not be considered