The Lapis Press
Culver City, CA
The Lapis Press is committed to collaborating with contemporary artists throughout the world who possess a unique and uncompromising vision. Lapis is dedicated to achieving the level of trust necessary to realize successful editions. The quality and relevance of the work produced is a direct result of the enduring relationships Lapis cultivates with its artists and collectors.
Job Title: Sales Associate
Sales and Client Relations:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the contemporary art world and Lapis editions, oversee the successful completion of deals and achieve quarterly sales targets.
- Review sales results for new areas of opportunity to grow the business.
- Develop and maintain relationships with artists, clients and collectors.
- Continually build an understanding of the current market and key players; track artist activities, exhibitions and sales.
- Maintain active, accurate and organized client records, contacting clients regularly and providing appropriate follow-up on all sales or client requests in order to continually build productive long-term relationships.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies to launch new Lapis editions, exhibits and events. Create/coordinate the associated support materials.
- Maintain and develop press contacts; create press releases; manage online listings for artworks.
- Maintain active and relevant presence on social media sites to bring further awareness to the program.
- Create and distribute promotional materials, host art fairs and pop-up installations and other venues.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong understanding of the contemporary art and photography markets.
- Self-motivated, organized and creative problem solving.
- Strong communication and administrative skills.
- Attention to detail and follow through.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Contact: [email protected]