The J. Paul Getty Trust
Los Angeles, CA
JOB TITLE: School Programs Coordinator
The School Programs Coordinator manages the daily operations of the single-visit (field trip) school program at the Getty Center. The successful candidate will act as the public face of the Getty to visiting schools, welcoming students, teachers and chaperones, organizing them quickly and efficiently, and providing information and guidance to assist them in their visit. The Coordinator works closely with the volunteer docents (about 20 per day) communicating with them about policy and school needs, and organizing them along with the schools for guided tours. The Coordinator works in a fast-paced environment, hosting up to 950 students daily. Additionally, the Coordinator provides administrative support to the single-visit program in a variety of ways.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates daily school arrivals: communicates with schools, teachers and chaperones; manages and coordinates school group docents; greets and organizes school groups on site, troubleshoots day-to-day operations.
- Prepares daily school arrivals schedule and communicates with multiple departments across the Museum to ensure the smooth operation of single-visit school operations.
- Approves bus funding requests using guidelines, monitors commitments, and files invoices for the Title 1 bus fund.
- Monitors and orders supplies for single-visit school program and school group docent program.
- Participates in a variety of school program projects, providing administrative and program support as needed.
- High School/GED
- 2-3 years of related scheduling experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent written and oral communication skill
- Excellent multi-taking skills
- Ability to be diplomatic and professional in a fast-paced daily environment
- Friendly, energetic demeanor for welcoming students, teachers, and chaperones
- Highly organized, detail-oriented