The Broad Stage
Santa Monica, CA
The Broad Stage is seeking an emerging senior development professional to join a nimble and evolving team of frontline fundraisers in support of its many programs. This is a unique opportunity to play a leading role in the creation and implementation of a new, collaborative approach to patron development. The Broad Stage, which will open its 12th season this Fall, is at a pivotal time in its history, with a recently-implemented strategic plan and a new Artistic and Executive Director.
The Senior Development Officer reports to the Director, External Relations, and serves as chief strategist and data analyst. In close collaboration with development team, the SDO will create, implement and track strategic campaigns to reach our fundraising objectives.
The ideal candidate is an innovative and detail-oriented leader who excels at data analysis and strategy across the institution. This position is responsible for the overall day-to-day oversight of fundraising operations to ensure superior communication, service, and engagement, as well as excellent data integrity.
- Work closely with the Artistic and Executive Director, Chief Operating Officer, and Director, External Relations as chief strategist in fundraising
- Help achieve annual fundraising goals through innovative leadership in prospecting, developing data-driven strategies, and stewarding a select portfolio of patrons
- Supervise, support and mentor Development team, overseeing prospect research, reporting and other fundraising operations
- Available to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Five years of experience in raising funds for nonprofit organizations (preferably in the performing arts) with a demonstrated record of success.
- Strong knowledge of development functions, including annual giving, grants, corporate sponsorship, stewardship and development operations.
- Proficiency in using PatronManager, or similar CRM system; strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Experience in gift processing, financial analysis, training and supervising staff.
- Experience maintaining effective working relationship across disciplines; experience in working with boards and volunteers.
- A demonstrated understanding of fundraising systems and how data can be used to manage the fundraising process, enhance donor cultivation and drive fundraising priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to influence donors and volunteers through written and verbal presentations.
- Excellent project management skills, including planning, budgeting, reporting, analysis and the ability to balance multiple tasks and projects while delivering quality work on schedule.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced setting while maintaining precise attention to priorities, formats, procedures, details and quality.
- Superior writing, interpersonal communication, and diplomacy skills.
- Exemplary teamwork and external customer service skills.
- Strong ethical sense to handle confidential and sensitive gift and donor information appropriately.
The Broad Stage offers competitive compensation, commensurate with experience, and a benefits package that includes paid time off, health insurance and a generous employer contribution toward a 403(b)-retirement plan.
The Broad Stage is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please apply by sending a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with this job title in the subject line.