Glendale Community College
Opening Date/Time: Wed. 10/12/16 12:00 AM Pacific Time
Closing Date/Time: Thu. 11/03/16 5:00 PM Pacific Time
Salary: $4,497.63 - $4,958.65 Monthly
Job Type: Full-time Classified
Location: 1500 N. Verdugo Road, Glendale, California
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, position in the Ceramics Department in the Visual and Performing Arts Division.
Oversees and participates in the operation and maintenance of equipment, supplies and inventory. Performs technical, clerical, lead and tutoring duties in an Instructional Lab, and accommodates computer assisted learning programs to the curriculum assigned.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED:
Supervision is received by academic or classified manager.
Provides work direction to lower-level staff. Supervision is exercised over student workers.
Examples of Duties:
- Directs and assists students individually and in small groups in laboratory work provided by instructors.
- Monitors student progress.
- Keeps records of student work according to established procedure.
- Assists in coordinating and training lower-level staff.
- Assists in the preparation of the budget, gathers data and drafts portions of grant proposals.
- Coordinates the use of the Lab's equipment and facilities, prepares requisitions, and keeps records of supplies and equipment.
- Maintains the security and physical appearance of the labs and facilities.
- Performs minor repair of equipment, and arranges for major repairs and assists repair person in determining sources of problems.
- Demonstrates and supervises safe and proper use of equipment.
- Researches, receives, stores, and inventories supplies and equipment.
- Assists faculty in recruitment, selection, and training of tutors, and supervises tutors working in the Lab.
- Assists instructors in scoring and recordkeeping.
- Translates and modifies computer assisted instructional programs in the subject area.
- Tutors students in the subject area and assists them in computer use.
- Selects, trains, evaluates, maintains, and coordinates schedules of student workers.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent or certification in the subject area of assignment.
- Five years experience assisting students or teaching the subject of the assignment to adults either at the community college or adult education level.
- Experience with computers, and computer-assisted instruction in the use of word processing programs.
- Bachelor's degree in the assigned area from an accredited college or university preferred.
Starting salary is from $4497.63 to $4958.65 per month depending upon education and experience. Internal applicants may be initially placed at a higher starting salary as outlined in the CSEA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Fringe benefits, which are subject to change pursuant to negotiations under Section 3500 of the California Government Code, are presently provided and include family and domestic partner medical and dental, two-party vision plan, and employee life insurance.
To apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/897153
This position requires the following documents to be attached to your online application in order to be considered:
- Transcripts showing required degree must be submitted. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted only during the application process.
- Official transcripts are required upon offer of employment. Foreign transcripts and degrees require official certification of equivalency to U.S. transcripts and degrees by a certified U.S. review service at the time of application.
Please note: All required documentation must be attached to the online application by the applicant by the closing date. (If Applicable.) Additional documents not requested in the announcement, will not be reviewed.
Your application and any required attachments must be submitted by Thursday, November 3, 2016 by 5:00 p.m. Applications with incomplete information (i.e. statements such as - see resume) or missing documents will not be considered.
If you have additional questions please call 818-240-1000 ext. 5921.
All completed applications and application materials will be screened to ensure that the minimum requirements stated in the job announcement are met. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Candidates who submit a complete application and meet the minimum qualifications will be invited to the college for an examination. Only candidates who are selected for an interview will be notified.
This position is offered contingent upon funding. The district reserves the right to extend, withdraw, and/or reopen this position at any time.
Applicants who require a reasonable accommodation for the application, testing or interviewing processes should contact the Human Resources Department at the time of application submission.
About the College:
Glendale Community College (GCC) is nestled in the foothills of the San Rafael Mountains, centrally located at the intersection of three major freeways, just ten miles from downtown Los Angeles. Glendale is affectionately known as Jewel City, one of the fastest growing communities in the Southern California region. A vibrant hub of economic activity and cultural diversity; it is an exciting place to work and live!
GCC is recognized throughout the state as a model of shared governance and collegiality. Known for excellence and rigor, we have one of the highest transfer rates to the UC system and other California four-year colleges. Additionally, the college offers a broad range of vocational programs and takes pride in providing outstanding student services and curriculum to help prepare students for success in the 21st Century.
GCC is committed to maintaining an environment which provides opportunities to individuals with a wide variety of talents, experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. We believe in the importance of diversity amongst our faculty, staff, and student population to better serve the college and surrounding communities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Glendale Community College District provides all applicants for district employment with equal employment opportunities and provides present employees with training, compensation, promotion, and all other attributes of employment without regard to a person's race, religious creed, color, age, sex, national origin, veterans' status, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, gender identity or disability.
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Glendale Community College.