Los Angeles, CA
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervises: Development Coordinator, Seasonal Development Assistant
Salary: Based On Experience
Review for a merit-based increase at 6 and 12 months
Outfest, the leading organization that promotes equality by creating, sharing and protecting LGBTQ stories on the screen, is seeking a dynamic Senior Manager of Corporate Relations. The Sr. Manager, in conjunction with the Executive Director, is responsible for maintaining and growing the Corporate Relations department and will work with the Development Coordinator, Executive Director and the Outfest Board of Directors to solicit in-kind product and raise $600,000 in 2018, with significant plans for increases annually.
Corporate Relations & Strategic Partnerships
- Research, identify, cultivate and solicit, corporate sponsors & strategic partnerships in support of Outfest’s mission and across all programs.
- Manage an annual strategy for both new and returning corporate sponsors & strategic partnerships
- Manage solicitation and maintenance of trade relationships (in-kind sponsors) including products and services (ex. beverages, post-house services, festival merchandise) and locations (ex. theatres, reception spaces).
- Manage sponsor activations at events.
Oversee coordination of the receipt of products and services.
Coordinate solicitation and maintenance of trade (in-kind) media relationships.
Write and update contracts and/or letters of agreement with all partners and track individual benefits.
Manage sponsor database and correspondence.
Co-Manage the Development Coordinator with the Director of Individual Giving.
Manage seasonal staff responsible for the administration of corporate relations activities and sponsor activations including Development Assistants, interns, and volunteers.
Coordinate invoicing and timely delivery of payment by corporate sponsors.
Create and manage post-event wrap reports for all partners and corporate sponsors.
Undertake projects and duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Coordinate and solicit items for Live Auction at The Legacy Awards.
- Interface with venues as needed for year-round fundraising events (ex. Major Donor Thank You party).
- Liaison as a staff representative for a year-round volunteer committee (ex. Emerging Leaders Council, Outfest Women’s Committee).
- Minimum of two (2) years of demonstrated success as a front-line fund-raiser
- Minimum of two (2) years experience supervising and motivating volunteers and managing support staff.
- A commitment to Outfest’s mission and an understanding of its programs and their role in the broader LGBTQ Movement.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; a high level of comfort with direct donor interaction.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, including attention to detail.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and to succeed under pressure.
- Ability to be both engaging and professional when making presentations at events and meetings.
- Ability to work well with others and to exhibit strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of Patron Manager CRM or other comparable CRM, Microsoft Office (particularly PowerPoint) and social media.
- Proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator desired.
Qualified applicants should send résumé with a cover letter via email (as attachments only – word or pdf only) to: [email protected]