J. Paul Getty Museum
Los Angeles, CA
Senior Staff Assistant, Public Affairs, The J. Paul Getty Museum
The J. Paul Getty Museum's Public Affairs department seeks a highly organized, responsible and flexible individual to provide administrative support for the department as a Senior Staff Assistant. The successful candidate will be proficient with Microsoft Office applications and data systems (Raiser’s Edge experience is a strong plus), have strong administrative, communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills and exercise discretion in dealing with confidential information.
Duties require largely independent execution, including: coordinating meetings, events, and domestic and international travel; composing and tracking a wide range of documents, and preparing reports. Heavy involvement with Museum exhibition opening events, from developing the invite lists to managing the mailings, taking RSVPs, and assisting with night-of event needs. Also manages the event budget for quarterly reporting needs.
Regularly performs a variety of routine accounting, budget tracking and forecasting, expense reporting, filing, desktop computer support, mailing, and other clerical tasks. Anticipates departmental administrative needs and develops efficiencies to minimize workflow disruptions. Handles complex written and phone inquiries and interacts with all level of internal personnel and outside colleagues and guests.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Coordinates travel arrangements for the members of the department, submits Travel Authorizations, and Expense Reports.
- Manages invitation process for Exhibition Openings, which includes working with various departments at the Getty on the invitation list, managing the mailings, handling RSVPs, responding to inquiries, developing RSVP lists, and assisting with night-of activities.
- Assists in the preparation, development and production of presentations.
- Serves as internal resource to department staff on Getty policies and procedures. Stays up to date on organizational policies and procedures.
- Performs administrative duties associated with scheduling and coordinating meetings and planning events. Arranges with external vendors for services, manages the department’s P-Card purchases.
- Researches and gathers information for department reports. Conducts preliminary analysis of data and recommends report content and format to display findings most effectively.
- Interacts with Procurement and Finance Departments to create purchase orders and pay vendors.
- Assists in the preparation of budget materials. Tracks and monitors budget expenditures and reports on variances.
- Oversees day-to-day office operations. Implements changes or enhancements to procedures to improve productivity and efficiency.
- Assists in maintaining office equipment and manages departmental needs for office supplies.
- High school diploma/GED; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3-4 years related experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications - Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge and special events a major plus.
- Demonstrated ability to follow through and complete assigned tasks.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service/interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
We offer a first-class work environment and excellent benefits on your first day of employment including:
- Medical (choice of 3 health plans and dependent coverage available)
- Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation 4 weeks accrued per year
- Paid sick leave 3 weeks accrued per year
- Employee Retirement Savings Program, includes an employer contribution and match
- Free Fitness Center on-site
- Life Insurance
- Direct deposit, rideshare program, EAP and more
- Alternate work week with every other Friday off
To apply, click on this link https://jobs-getty.icims.com/jobs/3262/senior-staff-assistant/job or apply online at our website www.getty.edu. EOE.