Los Angeles, CA
Be part of a creative and mission-driven non-profit. Craft Contemporary is seeking a talented and enthusiastic retail expert to oversee all aspects of the CRAFT CONTEMPORARY Shop including buying, merchandising and display, financial management, operations, personnel management, and shop special events. The Shop Manger is an integral part of the museum’s staff, attending weekly planning and operations meetings and reporting to the Executive Director. The shop has a mission-driven directive to showcase contemporary craft and promote local artists.
- Buy and consign a merchandise mix to include appropriate products at a variety of price points that reflect the CRAFT CONTEMPORARY’s programs and exhibitions.
- Develop and manage the CRAFT CONTEMPORARY Shop budget; maximizing profitability
- Manage day-to-day shop operational issues includes sales, transactions, reports, receiving merchandise, handling cash, customer service, merchandise returns, and opening/closing the shop.
- Maintain the online store and manage sales and mail delivery of items purchased.
- Recruit, train, supervise, motivate, and evaluate shop sales associates and front desk staff.
- Responsible for securing and accounting inventory; conduct the annual physical inventory count.
- Create a visually effective display and easy shopping atmosphere for visitors. Ensure the store is clean, organized, and attractive.
- Monitor deposits, cash flow, and accounts payable.
- Work with the marketing team to promote shop visibility with members, shop customers, and the public. Plan special events including trunk shows, receptions, demonstrations, holiday shop events, and other activities to stimulate customer interest and sales.
- Work collaboratively with CRAFT CONTEMPORARY’s leadership team, staff, volunteers, and community partners to uphold the museum’s values
- Assist with CRAFT CONTEMPORARY special event planning and implementation as needed, including the annual museum gala and upcoming shopping events CLAY LA and Holiday Marketplace.
Email resume & references to [email protected] by August 30th.