The Geffen Playhouse
Los Angeles, CA
TITLE: Social Media & Communications Associate
STATUS: Full Time / Regular / Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing and Director of Communications
SALARY: DOE + Benefits
The Geffen Playhouse seeks a talented and professional Social Media and Communications Associate to join our dynamic Marketing and Communications team. The successful candidate will create, curate and manage social media content that aligns with the Geffen Playhouse brand identity, as well as help raise public awareness of individual productions and special events through online and offline channels.
- Develop and implement a social media plan to grow Geffen Playhouse across all platforms
- Manage Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter and all other social media and monitor the theater’s social media and online presence
- Create and curate content for social media, including blog posts, photography, videos and other written content
- Serve as a point of contact for Geffen Playhouse website update requests
- Create research documents for season productions
- Assist with securing Playbill program assets, including talent/production bios and headshots
- Research, update and maintain press lists
- Update and maintain opening night/press night RSVP lists
- Assist with fulfillment of press/interview requests
- Assist with writing of press releases and other press materials
- Provide talent and/or press support for opening night and press night performances
- Conduct research in support of press campaign development for productions
- Provide general support for Marketing and Communications activities as needed
- Other duties as assigned. (Some weekend & nights required.)
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience working in a marketing or communications position, preferably in performing arts
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Demonstrated ability to write persuasively for multiple audiences, across different media
- Strong time-management and organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work with confidential information in a discreet manner
- Experience using various social media platforms and knowledge of social media engagement strategies
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel and a working knowledge of Photoshop
- An eye for design, composition, and quality of content
- Photography and video skills a plus
A competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits package offered, including medical, dental, vision insurance, vacation pay, paid sick leave, personal days, and 401(k) retirement program.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume in .pdf or .doc format at www.geffenplayhouse.org/apply. No phone calls, please.
Geffen Playhouse provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Geffen Playhouse complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Geffen Playhouse expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Geffen Playhouse’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.