Boston Court Pasadena
ABOUT BOSTON COURT PASADENA
Social Media Coordinator Part-Time, Non-Exempt, Seasonal Managing Director
$22/hr, approx 20 hrs per week
Boston Court Pasadena is a nonprofit performing arts center primarily dedicated to developing and producing adventurous new work, significantly re-envisioned classics, and nurturing both emerging and established artists across all art forms. Boston Court strives to create art that thrills, engages, moves and sustains people in order to deepen empathy, community, and provoke change. Boston Court Pasadena is committed to being an anti-racist organization and continuing its commitment to deepening its equitable, diverse, and inclusive practices across all aspects of the institution, public-facing and internally.
Founded in 2003 by philanthropist Z. Clark Branson and producing director Eileen T’Kaye, Boston Court features an intimate facility designed to bring audiences and artists closer together. The 80-seat Marjorie Branson Performance Space and the 99-seat Main Stage serve as homes for Boston Court's season of daring, adventurous theatre and its richly diverse music series. Boston Court is also the home of an annual New Play Reading Festival, an upcoming new composer initiative, multiple community events and partnerships, as well as rotating visual art exhibits. Boston Court theatre productions have been seen in New York City, Boston, Houston, and Malibu, and have won countless Ovation Awards, Los Angeles Drama Critics Circle Awards, and many others.
● General social media content management, creation, design, implementation, and strategy (All BCP social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) to align with business and organizational goals for BCP.
● Setting specific objectives and keeping track of performance (monitoring performance/engagement on posts, assessing follower counts, creating internal goals for each platform based on trends to support BCP)
● Assisting with the creation and implementation of marketing and branding campaigns and communications goals with Marketing Supervisor/Management and Associate Artistic Director
SOCIAL MEDIA (75%)
● Manage and maintain all social media channels and platforms for Boston Court
● Act as primary poster for all social media platforms (this includes creating hashtags, boomerangs, short videos, coordinating take-overs, etc.)
● Act as the primary spokesperson and representative for all of Boston Court’s social media’s platforms including but not limited to all comments and messaging with social media audiences.
● Create and maintain supportive relationships with community partners via social media platforms for “shout outs” and promotions.
● Collecting, organizing, and some editing user-generated content for social media posts (i.e. from the staff, from actors, from general community members)
● Creating social media kits for artists, Boston Court staff, and archival purposes.
● Interviewing actors, designers, and artists for quotes, blurbs, videos, and general social media
content to support the production.
● General copywriting and caption creation that is in line with BCP’s branding
GRAPHIC DESIGN (20%)
● Creating graphic assets such as carousels, infographics, gifs, flyers, and marketing materials.
● Supporting interactive lobby exhibits and engagement events by creating graphics, posters, and
● Light Editing and posting to our platforms all videos for social media, marketing promo videos, and all virtual event videos
● Administrative things (keeping up with spreadsheets, emails, calendar events, zooms, google docs & forms, etc.)
● Updating & maintaining the BCP Link Tree (adding links, editing links, deleting links, auditing the Link Tree to make sure only relevant links remain)
● Attending all staff meetings, communications meetings, social media check-ins, and other general meetings as needed.
● Actively check out what other similar organizations are doing to make sure we are either on-trend OR standing out from what everyone else is doing.