The Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA)
Los Angeles, CA
The Social Media Coordinator is a forward-thinking publisher that views social media as an opportunity to create defining projects. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable about contemporary art, marketing and has a proven track record of platform growth, measured by followers, reach and engagement.
The Social Media Coordinator reports to the Associate Director of Digital and is responsible for refining and growing the museum’s existing social media platforms and content in conjunction with larger, institutional goals. In concert with the Associate Director of Digital they will establish channel-specific content strategies and overarching promotion, conversion and engagement strategies. They will measure and analyze agreed upon metrics to determine ROI.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art History, Marketing or a related field
- Two to four years of related experience
- A working understanding of HTML and CSS
- A proficiency in content marketing theory and application
- A strong understanding of digital marketing strategies
- A developed understanding of contemporary art
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred
- Create and manage all published content.
- With the Associate Director of Digital, research, develop and manage dynamic, cross-platform campaigns that create a dialogue.
- Monitor and respond to social media conversations.
- Monitor the impact of social media campaigns. Analyze, review, and create monthly reports on effectiveness of campaigns.
- Translate qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising the social media campaigns.
- Update moca.org using the site CMS.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the incumbent must be able to do the following: sit for extended periods; bend and reach for filing and other job-related functions; climb up and down stairs; bend, stoop, and lift to move and retrieve materials; pull, push, and lift; reach both above and below shoulder height. Specific visual abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to visually inspect work. Manual dexterity to operate computer and other office equipment required. Heavy usage of computers and phones required.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.