Los Angeles, CA
Position: Social Media Marketing Coordinator
Reports to: Artistic Director and Managing Director
Type: Regular Full Time
Hours: 40 hours per week
Compensation: $33,000 - $37,000 Annually
Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
The Social Media Marketing Coordinator is a critical member of the team and will support the implementation of campaigns to create and sustain an engaged and loyal fan base across multiple social platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Patreon, website, Mailchimp, etc to ensure that CONTRA-TIEMPO’s brand and identity are communicated regularly, powerfully, and effectively with the objective of increasing traffic, reach and engagement. This role is highly collaborative and will work across the organization with multiple stakeholders to implement strategies for growth and success.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Produce engaging digital content to be used on social media by attending rehearsals, residencies, engagement meetings, and other official CONTRA-TIEMPO events
- Curate and manage content for all of CONTRA-TIEMPO’s social media channels, incorporating news, announcements, events, and ideas from the dance, social justice, people of color, and general arts communities locally and nationally
- Publish content on social media channels, leveraging social media management (SMM) systems and marketing automation tools/software.
- Create bi-weekly and monthly newsletters and blog posts
- Produce exclusive 2-3 video posts per week for our Patreon channel
- Work with internal departments to ensure effective execution of social media marketing tactics.
- Partner with team members to develop weekly, monthly and quarterly social strategies and calendars.
- Manage ongoing campaigns to ensure that content is planned, placed and updated appropriately.
- Track and shepherd content approvals with internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor social trends, stay abreast of new social platforms and best practices.
- Other duties as assigned
- BS degree, with a concentration in Social Media, Public Relations, Journalism, Business preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 2-3 years of experience in entertainment, social media, and/or marketing.
- Strong knowledge of social/digital media tools, techniques, and platforms.
- Strong reporting skills and experience with web analytic tools required.
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organization with employees at all levels.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects at once.
- Knowledge and strong interest in pop culture, social platforms, and influencer talent.
CONTRA-TIEMPO is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) dedicated to diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and equity. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, criminal history in accordance with the law, or any other legally protected characteristics.*
*Please note that eligibility requirements vary for internship positions, namely those funded by the Los Angeles County Arts Commission.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Social Media Marketing Coordinator Application“