Los Angeles, CA
The 2018 Getty Social Media & Marketing Intern will work closely with ESMoA staff in managing the art lab's online engagement and narrative. Undergraduate students who wish to broaden their educational and professional experience by managing ESMoA’s social media accounts and marketing campaigns, while also providing technical assistance and video content for ESMoA's Facebook and Instagram accounts and website are strongly encouraged to apply. Additionally, candidates will monitor social media analytics and provide support evaluating ESMoA's program areas. Social Media & Marketing The Intern will gain valuable hands-on experience that will empower them to follow any number of possible professional paths within a non-profit or arts institution.
9 am - 5 pm Tuesday - Saturday, with 1-hour lunch break; occasional evenings required. Students must work for a full consecutive 10 weeks between June and August 2018 as outlined by The Getty Foundation requirements.
$5,500 stipend for 10 consecutive weeks between June and August 2018.
Excellent writing and visual communications skills. Strong organizational skills and follow-up skills. Experience and/or interest in creating content for social media platforms and/or campaigns. Passion for spreading the spark of creativity is highly desired. Spanish fluency a plus.
- Be of an ethnic group underrepresented in museums and visual arts organizations, including, but not limited to, individuals of African American, Asian, Latino/Hispanic, Native American, or Pacific Islander descent;
- Be currently enrolled undergraduates. Students must have completed at least one semester of college by June 2018. Students graduating in May or June 2018 are also eligible. (Students who are enrolled in a second BA or BS program are not eligible.)
- Reside or attend college in Los Angeles County; and
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident.
How To Apply
- Email resumé and cover letter with the subject: “Social Media and Marketing Internship 2018” to Holly M. Crawford, Manager of Education, at [email protected].
- All application materials must be submitted by April 30th, 2018.