Center Theatre Group
Los Angeles, CA
POSITION TITLE: Social Media Specialist
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Director of Communications
DIRECT REPORTS INCLUDE: N/A
WORK SCHEDULE: (Full time/Part time) Full-Time
COMPENSATION: (Hourly/Salary) Commensurate with experience
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We entertain. We create. We engage. We inspire. As one of the nation’s most influential nonprofit theatre companies, Center Theatre Group provides the broadest range of theatrical entertainment in the country at the Ahmanson Theatre, Mark Taper Forum, and Kirk Douglas Theatre. Whether it’s producing new work through our robust artistic development programs or engaging people of all ages across Los Angeles through our community and education programs, we put theatre at the center of it all.
The 180+ full- and part-time staff members who make all this possible are passionate about this place and their work. Whether it’s pre-show gatherings and Staff Nights at our theatres, meet-and-greets with cast and crew, or our annual holiday party, our staff is engaged with the art and one another. Center Theatre Group commits to creating a safe space where the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion permeate all levels and all aspects of our work. We aim to attract, nurture and retain staff in a supportive home where we can be our best selves. We celebrate our commonalities and embrace our differences in order to ensure that everyone has access to our work onstage, behind the scenes, and in the community.
The Social Media Specialist organizes and executes Center Theatre Group’s social communications strategy across multiple online channels, including social media and blogs. This individual is an expert in all things related to social media content, communications, and channel optimization (both long term and real time), brand voice and consistency, audience development, trends, and analytics.
The “eyes and ears” of Center Theatre Group’s social media presence, the position collaborates with internal departments, producers, and key fans to promote an ongoing, two-way brand conversation and assists in both institutional and sales-focused social media strategy as well as occasional special events on evenings and weekends including opening nights and community engagement activities.
- Develop content for all pre-planned and real-time social media content across a range of campaigns for Center Theatre Group’s social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and more as we grow) in accordance with the Communication department’s content strategy and while updating the content calendar.
- Act as lead social team liaison to our Marketing department and outside show producers, managing promotional efforts for productions at the Ahmanson Theatre, Mark Taper Forum, and Kirk Douglas Theatre.
- Create and lead social media campaigns that forward the organization’s Communications initiatives beyond the stage, including but not limited to those efforts that focus on the organization’s sales, education, and community outreach.
- Monitor and maintain all social media accounts and third-party review sites daily and alert appropriate staff to any customer service issues or other potential sensitivities.
- Ensures all social media communications are on-brand, consistent in terms of creativity, style, quality, and tone of voice. Review and route creative assets to appropriate stakeholders.
- Attend on- and off-site Center Theatre Group events (opening nights, community activities, rehearsals, influencer events, etc.) to provide real-time social coverage.
- Establish workflows for requesting, creating, editing, and publishing social media content and communications (including real time implementations).
- Constantly push creative boundaries in order to generate fresh content while adhering to social media and digital best practices.
- Conduct competitive audits to gauge social media effectiveness as a part of the ongoing patron conversation. Gather data, interpret analytics, and makes recommendations based on the results.
- Curate social media mentions in order to refresh Center Theatre Group’s website engagement panels.
- Work closely with other members of the Communications department to help in Center Theatre Group’s social media strategy, including exploring opportunities to engage prominent digital influencers (bloggers, etc.) in promotion of Center Theatre Group and all affiliated activities.
- As needed and in alignment with the Graphics department, create occasional social media graphics and/or video content utilizing Adobe Photoshop.
- Assist in creating effective SEO tags for Center Theatre Group’s blog.
- Monitor social media traffic and trends through Center Theatre Group’s Google Analytics account and report out findings, as necessary.
- Liaise with the Marketing department’s outside digital agency to update Center Theatre Group’s Google Tag Manager account and align paid and organic social media messaging to ensure effective reach.
- Other duties as they arise. Center Theatre Group provides a dynamic working environment in which duties and responsibilities may change. Employees are expected to be flexible and responsive to changes in the scope of their duties.
Knowledge and Essential Skills
- Proven working experience in social media-related position.
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop.
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge including Google Analytics and Tag Manager.
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels.
- Must have exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a real-time medium.
- Must have a strong command of the English language: speaking, writing, grammar, spelling, proofreading skills, etc. and ability to adhere to in-house style guides and close attention to detail.
- Must be extremely well organized, understand the importance of following through on projects, and have the ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be capable of handling a variety of day-to-day tasks concurrently.
- Must have the ability to interact positively and effectively with employees at all levels within the organization, as well as with the media, artists, vendors and the public.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work evening and weekends as needed.
Education, Experience and Licensing
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree
- Required: One (1+) year experience in the field
- Preferred: Major in communications, journalism, or marketing.
- Background in—or knowledge of—theatre arts preferred.
- Candidates MUST be able to pass a background check.
- CTG is not able to provide relocation assistance for this position.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified. Management reserves the right to revise or amend duties at any time.
- Staff members are expected to consciously and continuously promote the mission, values, programs and impact of the organization.
The position will receive a competitive compensation.
CTG also offers a comprehensive benefits package including retirement plan options; escalating vacation, paid sick, personal days and holidays; and health benefits including medical, dental, vision, flex spending accounts, employee assistance program, and life and long-term disability insurance.
Sell yourself by writing a cover letter that describes why you’re the best person for this job. Send resume and cover letter along with salary desired to: [email protected]. Please be sure to include the position title in the subject line of the email. Due to heavy volume of resumes received, emails that do not include the job title in the subject line of the email may not be considered.
In your cover letter, please indicate how you became aware of this position, e.g., name of website, current employee, via another source.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. We will contact qualified individuals to set up interviews.
Center Theatre Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, color, ancestry, disability, age, national origin, pregnancy, veteran/military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by law. CTG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We support, promote and embrace a diverse workforce.